1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Service Manuals

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dunky, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone out there have any idea where you can buy service manuals for TVs? (Specifically JVC models)

2. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not too sure to be honest.
    Which model JVC is it thst you need to know about and perhaps what specific thing is it you need doing?

3. alanrob

alanrob

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +235
  4. Dunky

Dunky
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the help guys. I have to admit that my paranoia is showing a little! I am waiting for delivery of my new TV: JVC AV32WFT1. After reading so many horror stories of bad set-ups and dodgy geometry I just wanted to know in advance whether I could get hold of a service manual if I had to. From what I've read, this may be a less painful option than allowing engineers to take it away fro weeks on end. Hopefully I'll be one of the lucky ones and won't need to do any tinkering! Thanks again:)

5. js

js

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm also awaiting delivery of the 28" version :) , I ordered it last night from Currys of all places :rolleyes: but only so I can take it back etc if there are any problems as it was £499 which isn't much more at all than most of the online traders. It was difficult listening to the bull the salesmen were coming out with :D
    I've also have read all the info I can about these geometry issues. I'm not paranoid about it too much as I've seen a few in Currys/Comet and they seemed ok. Where did you order yours from?
    If you do adjust the settings using the service menu please let me know what settings you changed and what values you used.
    I think it was mute and the i buttons together or something wasn't it to get into the service menu.

Hope you enjoy the TV.