servers

jshaun1968

Standard Member
Reaction score
good afternoon just wondering if anyone had any ideas of a good server for home cinema

many thanks

shaun

Woman are no good, once mine has sat on the sofa I can't get her to get up at and fetch me a beer...

I have a QNAP TS-451 NAS which also acts as my media player, It has HDMI out and runs kodi on the NAS. I switched from a HTPC / NAS setup to this box and it really is an all in one.

Hi
I use a HP36L running windows server and a Nuc running Kodi for my needs as the server is in another room and the NUC is quite discreet

Synology NAS 412+ along with an expansion DX513. A total of 9 HDD bays. So far I have about 20TB odd, all full of music, movies and picture.
Connected to a Intel NUC running Kodi.
Not bad setup.

I must admit I am baffled by HTPC and media servers. Are they simply a PC with HDMI out, where you can store all your digital media? I would like to rip all my blu ray and dvd discs onto a server as it is a real pain for me to store all my discs and locate a particular film ( I use a case logic 300 disc thing :(

Thats how I use mine! I also use it for gaming, surfing the net and the kids use it for gaming and homework..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom