1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server Hibernation

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Molly, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Molly

Molly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Is there any software utilities which would put my server into a "sleep mode".

The server is connected to a number of power amps which go to standby when not receiving an audio signal (multi zone audio). Due to the pops and cracks when using hibernation I would prefer an XP energy saving utility in between hibernation and a screen saver.

Any ideas

2. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
  3. Molly

Molly
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the suggestion.

The server operates a LCD monitor in the kitchen (nebula TV etc). I would like to wake the server with a gyration mouse/keyboard. The server must not fully shutdown to avoid the power amps causing my speakers to pop and crack.

4. Laura

Laura

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Oh i see, so you just want it to switch off the monitor / harddisks, but not go into system standby?

Can't you just goto the power option properties and select, System Standby : Never, set the monitor and harddisk shutdowns to a couple of mins. and switch the screensaver to none.