SeriouslyCinema's News, Products and Offers.

I attended the world launch of DTS:X Pro on Tuesday. Very impressive. Although only 2 tracks mixed in the format currently exist they were incredible. Neural:X Will upmix to all 30 channels or whichever configuration you have including 3 low level ground speakers. For me it was the flexibility of speaker placement that stood out.
C95ACB92-722F-4288-A5B2-AB527CCD9505.jpeg

Should try with mine but it feels wierd having had 80 as the recommended magic number for so long. I got altitude sickness just putting them at 100!

Rich where would you put my 950s and V12?

Have fun at Anthem, think the new arc could be v interesting.

Should try with mine but it feels wierd having had 80 as the recommended magic number for so long. I got altitude sickness just putting them at 100!

Imagine this ... I run my V12 at 160hz crossover with Anthem ARC mainly to compensate for the poor bass response in my in-ceiling speakers. It works well in my room and a big improvement, but these things are very personal and I am not recommending it as any kind of magic number. :)

I run 3 950s LCR and 2 V12s, I changed the crossover to 120Hz a long time ago after advice at a forum day, and it transformed the bass in my room.

Ok will give it a go and have a listen. Thanks
Btw did you go straight for 2 X V12 or start with one? I'm very tempted when funds allow to put the second one in

Imagine this ... I run my V12 at 160hz crossover with Anthem ARC mainly to compensate for the poor bass response in my in-ceiling speakers. It works well in my room and a big improvement, but these things are very personal and I am not recommending it as any kind of magic number. :)
Think my in ceilings are good to about 60hz. I'll give it a listen though. I've got a small room so will have a test

Thanks

Ok will give it a go and have a listen. Thanks
Btw did you go straight for 2 X V12 or start with one? I'm very tempted when funds allow to put the second one in
I started with one, but the itch was too much not to go with two once I heard the difference it made.

That's the beauty of a good dealer. Rob at Gecko let me borrow a 2nd one to hear it before I committed. I have no doubts Rich would do the same.

I started with one, but the itch was too much not to go with two once I heard the difference it made.

That's the beauty of a good dealer. Rob at Gecko let me borrow a 2nd one to hear it before I committed. I have no doubts Rich would do the same.

Lol. Yes he would but I'm only letting through the door when I can afford it!

My wife turns off all the lights and doesn't answer door if I mention Rich :rotfl:

Big difference with two?

Yeah definitely, two made the bass more even, tighter and fuller, moving them to the L&R positions really helped as well. Doing that and raising the crossovers was a revelation with the bass in my room. Previously i'd always been of the view that not setting each speaker to its lowest spec was a waste of the speaker, and more speakers producing more "bass" was better. Raising the crossovers not only improved the bass, but to my ears anyway, it made the other speakers clearer and the whole immersion more cohesive. Definitely try it and see what you think, it definitely made a difference for me.

Yeah definitely, two made the bass more even, tighter and fuller, moving them to the L&R positions really helped as well. Doing that and raising the crossovers was a revelation with the bass in my room. Previously i'd always been of the view that not setting each speaker to its lowest spec was a waste of the speaker, and more speakers producing more "bass" was better. Raising the crossovers not only improved the bass, but to my ears anyway, it made the other speakers clearer and the whole immersion more cohesive. Definitely try it and see what you think, it definitely made a difference for me.
Thank you!

You can give it a go. It will allow the system to play with more headroom. You may find you can locate the single V12 though. This is why with a pair;) it is easier. The MK subs can play cleanly up to 200hz. I cross my 950’s at 100hz all round which works well in my room. Experiment between 100-120hz.

Yes the Anthem with GENESIS is fantastic. We can send out an MRX1120 for home trial. We also have an AVM60 on permanent demonstration with an IW150 system.

You can give it a go. It will allow the system to play with more headroom. You may find you can locate the single V12 though. This is why with a pair;) it is easier. The MK subs can play cleanly up to 200hz. I cross my 950’s at 100hz all round which works well in my room. Experiment between 100-120hz.

Yes the Anthem with GENESIS is fantastic. We can send out an MRX1120 for home trial. We also have an AVM60 on permanent demonstration with an IW150 system.
Lol let me know when you are doing trade in and interest free :laugh::thumbsup:. Then I'll be in trouble!

That anthem seems to be rather tasty

Must come in and check out the store. Looked really good when I was passing!

IMAX ENHANCED capability will be available for the MRX and AVM via an upcoming firmware update.
Did you get an explanation as to what IMAX enhance actually does differently?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom