SeriouslyCinema's News, Products and Offers.

Finally installed the McIntosh MX100 11.2 channel processor and McIntosh MI347 7 channel power amplifier this week.

The packaging is absolutely first class and very substantial.

Both the MX100 and MI347 are gorgeous looking in my opinion and extremely heavily engineered with a stunning finish as one would expect from McIntosh.

Very simple to set up and intuitive via a laptop once on the network.

Ran Audyssey XT32 with the supplied microphone and proper microphone stand.

Very surprised by the results. Fantastic steering, scale and detail. Please don’t think Denon or Marantz results which are great for £ but this is completely different.

This combination of processor and power amp sounds awesome TBH. The high end components and engineering in both the McIntosh processor and power amp shine with huge amounts of smooth power, scale, detail and dynamics.

This combo has replaced a Lyngdorf MP40 processor and Yamaha MXA5200 power amp.

It’s a different presentation to the above with a bigger sense of scale and dynamics most likely in part due to the MI347.

The MX100 doesn’t have the advanced bass management of the MP40, speaker and subwoofer layout no where near as flexible either, no network player or RoomPerfect (available on the more advanced McIntosh processor’s) but for an 11.2 processor with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X it sounds fantastic and will definitely be on our recommendation list partnered with the MI347 for smaller systems.

I like it a lot and the McIntosh will remain in the rack.

MX100 processor 11.2 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X £6,995.00

MI347 7 channel power amplifier LCR 300w into 4ohm surrounds 200w into 4ohms £6,495.00

The 5.2 loudspeaker system as follows.

3 x M&K IW150 LCR
2 x M&K IW950 in ceiling surrounds
2 x M&K V12+ subwoofers
22BF042B-47A1-4830-B58B-E49DB81B9497.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally installed the McIntosh MX100 11.2 channel processor and McIntosh MI347 7 channel power amplifier this week.

The packaging is absolutely first class and very substantial.

Both the MX100 and MI347 are gorgeous looking in my opinion and extremely heavily engineered with a stunning finish as one would expect from McIntosh.

Very simple to set up and intuitive via a laptop once on the network.

Ran Audyssey XT32 with the supplied microphone and proper microphone stand.

Very surprised by the results. Fantastic steering, scale and detail. Please don’t think Denon or Marantz results which are great for £ but this is completely different.

This combination of processor and power amp sounds awesome TBH. The high end components and engineering in both the McIntosh processor and power amp shine with huge amounts of smooth power, scale, detail and dynamics.

This combo has replaced a Lyngdorf MP40 processor and Yamaha MXA5200 power amp.

It’s a different presentation to the above with a bigger sense of scale and dynamics most likely in part due to the MI347.

The MX100 doesn’t have the advanced bass management of the MP40, speaker and subwoofer layout no where near as flexible either, no network player or RoomPerfect (available on the more advanced McIntosh processor’s) but for an 11.2 processor with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X it sounds fantastic and will definitely be on our recommendation list partnered with the MI347 for smaller systems.

I like it a lot and the McIntosh will remain in the rack.

MX100 processor 11.2 Dolby Atmos/DTS:X £6,995.00

MI347 7 channel power amplifier LCR 300w into 4ohm surrounds 200w into 4ohms £6,495.00

The 5.2 loudspeaker system as follows.

3 x M&K IW150 LCR
2 x M&K IW950 in ceiling surrounds
2 x M&K V12+ subwoofers
View attachment 1697939
Hi Rich

Thanks for this its very interesting.

Are you saying the McIntosh uses a different version of Audyssey XT32, or that its the same version as supplied to Denon/Marantz but its the other components of the McIntosh that make it sound better ?

Jay

It’s the same as Denon/Marantz without the app availability and a max of 6 measurements as opposed to 8. Same microphone.

I think it boils down to far superior processing/DAC’s and internal components.

I think a big factor is the McIntosh amplification which is effortless.

I spoke with McIntosh this morning to express my thoughts and they were not surprised stating many people assume it will sound like a Denon.

As this is my own system I am very particular with what I live with as I can install any product and I have had so many systems that I evaluate at home. The McIntosh pair are staying.

My home is available for demonstrations should anyone wish.

We are looking forward to McIntosh’s upcoming AVR that will have a tweaked and exclusive XT32 all being well. Details to follow.

The X10+ subwoofers next to the X10’s in our M&K 150 cinema room.

Not yet calibrated or set up but the X10+ is much heavier and more solid than the X10. Shallower but taller. Double the weight and almost double the output with carbon fibre drivers.

Can’t wait to get these calibrated and running.
AA05F0A2-2ACE-433F-BDAE-0F385A952034.jpeg
CB6A969D-60B1-47E0-BBF7-4A67F2E87EE0.jpeg

Last edited:
Our latest Dolby Atmos 7.2.4 cinema room nearly finished. Just the C4, automated blind and seating to go.

This was a full garage conversion to building regs.

M&K IW150 LCR
M&K S150T surrounds
M&K IC95 heights
M&K X10 subwoofers
Lyngdorf MP40 processor
Lyngdorf SDA 2400 power amps
Emotiva XPA7 power amp
Kaleidescape 18TB Terra server and Strato C player
2.77m 2:40 Screen Excellence AT screen
JVC NZ7 laser projector
Custom AT fibre optic star ceiling
Fabric applied to all walls
Mild room treatment
76D11FFD-760A-4352-B1F4-355AA1B5F4F1.jpeg

139AC947-5F83-4076-BA29-61AEFE11AD0E.jpeg

It was great to catch up again at the weekend Richard. I think visiting the showrooms is becoming an addiction! It’s a treasure trove of AV gear, the main cinema room is amazing, and always enjoy the home cinema chat and advice.

The new subs and the Lyngdorf have transformed the room, when it was already amazing. I was looking back and I can’t believe it’s almost 4 years since you set up our cinema room for us and it has been in near-constant use ever since. So glad we did it.

I may have to leave my wallet behind next time I stop by though 😉

Concert grade audio in your home and garden. We have the L-Acoustics Tahiti system on permanent demonstration. RAL colours available. One of the finest audio systems we have experienced. Smaller systems available including their newly announced Soka system.
AA6F2FDB-7966-46CB-8793-18B073B5B6B5.jpeg

We are honoured and excited to be spending the day at our showrooms with our special visitors flying in from Denmark 🇩🇰 this morning.

M&K Sound will be putting our showrooms through its paces today and they will hopefully give us their seal of approval 🙏💯😍

What a fantastic and a rewarding day.

Lots discussed, future products looked at and the best of all our M&K 300 7.6.8 cinema room “The best M&K cinema room they have heard anywhere in the world” 🔥🙌 Praise indeed and so flattered.

We will also be the first showroom in the world to have the new IW150A angled in ceiling height speakers on demonstration in the coming weeks.

What a fantastic and a rewarding day.

Lots discussed, future products looked at and the best of all our M&K 300 7.6.8 cinema room “The best M&K cinema room they have heard anywhere in the world” 🔥🙌 Praise indeed and so flattered.

We will also be the first showroom in the world to have the new IW150A angled in ceiling height speakers on demonstration in the coming weeks.
Great praise indeed @Seriously Ltd

Would be interested to hear the IW150A once installed

The new M&K IW150A angled in ceiling/in wall loudspeakers can be used for object based audio as heights, wides and above screen applications as well as multi room audio solutions when partnered with a subwoofer.

We will have these installed in our 150 7.2.4 MK cinema room in the coming weeks.

Available for end users September.

236DF4E6-EC81-4F0F-86D3-21642D7BEC7E.jpeg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom