1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seriously annoyed with sony

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by watchinthewheel, Jun 26, 2005.

1. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok im really unhappy now, im a bit of a sony fanboy in general but this is rediculous, i have just spent a day struggling with crap sony software to convert all my 320kbps mp3 to 225kbps atrac 3 after many many crashes of the rubbish conversion tool i put the tracks onto my hd3 only to find that they are distorted with a high end hiss and its annoying as **** making the tracks basicaly unlistenable! this doesnt really need replies i just figured this was the best place to express my frustration! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: does anyone else hate sonys programming dept what are they retarded or something! :mad: :mad: :mad: has anyone else had problems like this!

2. sohc

sohc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    sorry ur having probs. its frustrating, but im sure youll get around it somehow. i lost half of my mp3s on my hd5 today due to a sonic stage crash. fortunately i just got the player last week there wasnt much (a couple gigs) on it. i just took a breath and formated it..started over.

3. Linkable

Linkable

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've learned that when you're working with SonicStage that you can only have it do one thing at a time. If you transfer AND tag files at the same time then you're bound to crash. Just be patient and it works alright. I quit converting my whole collection to ATRAC btw just because it took too long.

4. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    its not a problem of crashing for me now,me it was, but i found if you turn everything off it can do about 100 tracks before crashing! thats good for sony. however what is getting me very angry is the distortion on the produced atrac files, they sound terrible, ill have to go back to my mp3's thank god i didnt delete em!

btw does anyone know of a quick way to change a lot of mp3's bitrates from 360 to 192 or something?

5. Chox1988

Chox1988
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,278
    Its not very quick but google db power amp and that program lets you convert mp3 bitrates.

6. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the reccomendation, ill have a look at that.

7. plonkersaurus

plonkersaurus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its probably because you have FFDSHOW installed. It seems to cause problems with Sonic Stage, mine used to do that until i uninstalled FFDSHOW

8. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ffdshow? is that a process or an installed program? i have never heard of it. Its not under task manger as a running app either.

9. pulseezar

pulseezar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The easiest way to get around it is to realise that sonic stage is the biggest pile of bull ever, and that sony have really arsed it up. Once you know this, you understand that to use sonic stage you may only make it do small tasks at a time. I transfer 10 albums at a time converting to atrac, never crashes anymore.

However, Sony should really sort it out. You pay £200 for a piece of hardware you expect to be able to put stuff on it with out hassel. Maybe sonic satge was designed by the record label side of the company???

10. plonkersaurus

plonkersaurus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ffdshow is a codec pack sort of thing, and it conflicts with sonicstage when dealing with mp3's. Check your installed programs for it, or any other codec packs.

11. zenko

zenko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Errm....why don't you just put the mp3's on the hd3 instead of converting them.

o_O

I did, mine sound good and the majority of them aren't 320KB/s...infact i don't think i have any at 320...don't really check.

Edit:

uh oh...just read your post that you killed your hd3.