1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious Speaker Advice required

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by krismcewan, Jan 8, 2005.

1. krismcewan

krismcewan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have currently a pair of Acoustic Solutions AV105ii floor standers which are not to bad for the £100 i paid for them.
    The problem is that the missus doesnt like the size of them (h1080mm x w260mm x d250mm).
    I dont have alot of cash to spash out but Richer Sounds were doing the Gale 3030's for £150.
    My rear speakers are Eltax HT2 Bipolars and the Center is a Eltax Millenium.
    The sub is also an eltax.

My question is 2 fold. am i ok just replacing the floor standers with the Gales or am i better replacing the Whole kit and kaboodle with a system like the DENON SYS-A3L. (providing that someone will buy the old kit)

Kris

2. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    It's always better to have three front speakers that are tonally similar otherwise voices will sound odd when they are panning from side to side. Unfortunately I have no idea what the Eltax Millenium and Gale speakers sound like so can't advise whether they will match tonally.

It is less important that the rears match the fronts and the Eltax HT2 speakers were What Hifi award winners in their day so are probably worth keeping if that's any help

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Having just had a quick look at the RS site I see that you can get a pair of Mission M71I for £59.95 plus the Mission M7C1I centre for £49.95 and that could be a combination worth exploring further.

4. krismcewan

krismcewan
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    i meant to say that we prefer to have Floorstanders but i would love to have the Dennon set.
    Also my amp is the sony STRD-1080.
    I am not as interested in the PURE sound that i was used to now i have a wife and 2 kids (they dont like the amp up too high).

Kris