• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Serious problem/DVD playback/Pioneer VSX-919 and PS3 HDMI issue

Is this a PS3 problem in relation to the Pioneer?

If so I think I would be tempted to get a cheap standalone DVD player that will play ball with the Pioneer.

Yes, it appears to be a Pio VSX-919/PS3 issue.

I already have what you have suggested but the DVD player I have won't upscale or play DTS. It seems crazy that I have spent $1300 (AUD) on AV gear and a simple HDMI sync issue places this giant fly squarely in the ointment!

Yeah it sucks sometimes. Any chance of exchanging the Pioneer for something that likes the PS3?

SunGod

Standard Member
I have a similar-ish (but worse) problem with Pioneer LX82 and PS3.

The issue I have is that if I connect the PS3 to LX82 via hdmi and with hdmi output from LX82 then I get a failed handshake, i.e. I get lots of interference then picture blanks out, then static display with occasional re appearance of an interfered pic for a few seconds.
But then if I connect the PS3 direct to the projector with exactly the same hdmi cable as the LX82 used as video out, then I get a perfect picture.
I thought at first this might be some kind of main's interference or tv signal interference but I've pretty much eliminated all those sources.
It seems something about the pioneer AV is affecting the video.
I will try the technique you use above and see.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom