1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious n00b needs help setting up home cinema

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rhythm, Mar 8, 2003.

1. Rhythm

Rhythm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,

As you can read from the title, I have a serious problem with my home cinema system. I bought a 32" Bush TV and Bush Pro400 Surround sound system and Goodman's DVD player. As you can see I didn't have too much money to spend, but at least I got the job done ;)

My problem is this. I need to connect my Sky Decoder, Playstation 2, Surround Sound system and DVD player all to work. As it stands, I can watch tv, but I can't play playstation and I can't watch dvd's or Sky. The surround sound is also not setup. I know I am complete noob, cos I can't even see where to plug the surround sound into! The TV and DVD player don't seem to have the right connectors to connect to the surround sound...so I dunno what to do from here. The PS2 worked on my previous tv on the AV channel without having to tune or anything. I connected the PS2 via SCART and it doesn't work now :(

I have digital pictures of all the connectors and I don't wanna have to call an electrician in that would cost me a fortune...

If someone can PM me, or mail me i'd be glad to hand over the pictures and try and explain what I am doing. Sorry if I posted on the wrong forum but i'm a bit lost with this all.

I'm pretty damn good with pc's, but this stuff is beyond me!

Thanks,

Rhythm

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Have a look in general hardware loads on this sort of stuff and if you wanna PM me the pics i'll have a go for you.

PS please read all manuals first they are quite helpful!!