Serious lag on Bluetooth Denon AVR-X1600H

johnyballs

Novice Member
Hi all. I have a Denon AVR-X1600H and a Bose QuietComfort 35 Series II headphone.
There is an annoying lag of almost a second (estimated) of audio between speakers and headphones. Especially for gaming this is unworkable.
I tested the lag between my iPhone and the headphone and it seems to be only a fraction, maybe 100ms or so. This makes me believe the Denon is too slow in encoding and transmitting the audio to Bluetooth.
Is this a known issue and would they be able to solve this software wise? Or is the hardware of the denon just not adequate enough?

dante01

Distinguished Member
Bluetooth itself has latency issues.

I'd not expect the Bluetooth headphones to be in sync with the speakers if using Bluetooth to convey the same signal to said headphones. It is a deficiency associated with Bluetooth.

johnyballs

Novice Member
I do not think that is per definition true. Using other bluetooth sources like my Iphone I do not experience this large delay. That's why I'm wondering if the Denon's bluetooth codec or version is not ideal. And if this can still be solved software wise.

The latest video from AVForums

Prey + Bullet Train reviews, Heat 4K + Event Horizon 4K and all the latest movies and TV news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom