• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Serious help required!!!!!! HELP

R

rossyboy1234

Hi,

I have recently have Sky installed by Spectrum UK (Sky recomendation for flats). I keep getting 'No Sat Signal'. So I have has spectrum out 3 times telling me thats it's the internal wiring or sat dish, I have now had the engineers who deal with the internal wiring and dish, who say it's all fine, and they tell me the signal is fine as are able to show me on there own tv monitor. There outcome was doggy box, had this box replaced, still same issue.....Does anyone have any answers why one company is saying the singal is fine and I have a faulty box, and the other company are stating it's a doggy signal. They were both meet to meet my flat yesterday, but one didn't turn up great. And there outcome again was another faulty box

Please help

F

Fatwaz

Hi,

I have now had the engineers who deal with the internal wiring and dish, who say it's all fine, and they tell me the signal is fine as are able to show me on there own tv monitor.

what do you mean they showed you on a tv monitor?does anyone else in the flats have a working sky feed?if so and its ok with them swap your box with theirs and see if yours now works ok.if it does its the internal wiring.if it doesnt the box is faulty

Jonesybones

Standard Member
I had the same company install in my flat and the same problem.
All I did to fix it was pull the power chord out the back of the box, leave it for a few minutes, and then plug it back in again - I've found the problem resurfaces if I dont keep the phone line plugged in.
Also, if you only have one satellite lead going into the back of your box you wont be able to record a channel and watch another at the same time (bringing up the 'no satellite signal being recieved' message).

Hope this helps...

R

rossyboy1234

Yes, there is another couple who have sky and I spoke to them yesterday and they have now probs 9they are now on there hols). The engineer also tested there signal and stated that our singal was stronger then theres.
They had a Spectrum testing kit that had a TV screen on it, and he showed me all channels worked. It's mainly the freeview channels and a fair few +1 channels that I cannot view.

Thanks a mil

R

rossyboy1234

If I have a sky plus box, but it is only semi-functional (only one wire going into the sky+ box), could this cause the 'No Sat Signals', so should I transfer it to a normal box?

F

Fatwaz

If I have a sky plus box, but it is only semi-functional (only one wire going into the sky+ box), could this cause the 'No Sat Signals', so should I transfer it to a normal box?

if you have a sky+ box with only 1 cable plugged in you can only watch and record the same channel.if you try to watch one channel and record another you will get no signal as there is no 2nd cable going into the box.if you are just watching a channel though and you get no signal then something is wrong.

Swans1912

Established Member

I have the same set-up, the SKY+ box often doesn't like the fact it only has a single input. When recording a channel you wont be able to watch or record any other channel. It box does seem to get mixed up a little and wont switch over channel without a nudge.

Do you have the satellite input plugged into input 1? Having it plugged into input 2 may cause the problem your having.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom