Serious Crashing Problem with BBCHD

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I apologize for all the questions today, its one of the problems of fixing up sky yourself and everything going belly up.

But I have tried BBCHD preview all day, and today tried actually when the channel is on air.

However I can not watch this channel at all, it is completely crashing on me.

Meaning the picture is completely Macrobox Pixelated in the extreme, motion is completely jerky.

It is not as if it is watchable but of poor quality, it is such that it is completely faulty.

The only way to explain it is such that if you were to watch a DVD movie on a writable disk that the Dye has become faulty and the screen is all off and the disk is crashing.

Every other channel is fine bar BBCHD. And my signal test is showing for strength 3/4 full bar and for quality around 2/3 full bar.

I have phoned sky and they have said that it is likely because I am not paying for an HD subscription I am not getting any HD channels.

However from what I have read on the forum BBCHD is completely free to air. And I have the HD box.

I was really looking forward to seeing England on HD this Saturday, and this was the whole reason I bought the box, but now it does not look likely I will get to see it.

Any ideas on this?.

.Griff.

Maybe a daft question but are you using the box purely as a free to air box or do you have a normal sky subscription (minus the HD channels) ?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
We have the sky world subscription. (the £45/month one)

Meaning All sky movies, all sky sports, and all sky channels.

We don't have the HD subscription. We also prior to this had standard sky digital.

.Griff.

We have the sky world subscription. (the £45/month one)

Meaning All sky movies, all sky sports, and all sky channels.

We don't have the HD subscription. We also prior to this had standard sky digital.

BBC HD (143) "should" work fine in that case. I guess you've tried the usual stuff like turning the box off for a few minutes and manually updating the software?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
BBC HD (143) "should" work fine in that case. I guess you've tried the usual stuff like turning the box off for a few minutes and manually updating the software?

Just tried doing the 10min software update again, same problem, completely crashing :(

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom