1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious about DVD-Audio...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by museumsteve, Jun 28, 2001.

1. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    I sorted out my DVD-Audio query yesterday thanks to Carlos...but now I have a burning question...The demo disc I got with the Pioneer 939-A is a 6 channel DVD Audio disc...and after reading the booklet with it it suggests the following:-

"Reassign the Centre channel to a left side speaker and reassign the sub chennel to a right side speaker...the results apparently recreate the 'spatial cues' in the listening room..."
    it reads on....
    "...if you wish to play this disc on a 5.1 system...you can disconnect the centre and sub...this will result in a 4.0 system that will still sound good...you can also play the recording in 5.1 mode and the sound wil still be acceptable.."

So what does this mean...do I have to re-jig my set-up if I want to enjoy most DVD-A...I'm starting to wonder whether DVD-Audio is gonna be a sub-heading for a whole list of new formats that each have their own requirements....
    anyone else get the disc with the 939...and if so..what have you done to listen to it..??

2. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,406
    Bump! Can anyone help?

3. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Throw away the disc and the manual? :D

4. museumsteve

museumsteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,007
    could've done with something a little more constructive chaps...but as suggested..I threw the damn thing away...haha..not really..I just haven;t bothered listening to it again..