Series X with old receiver

glenndog

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a Yamaha V373 receiver with 1.4 hdmi output. i have a Sony XE9005 TV which is 4K and has hdmi 2.0 i believe. Ig i was to get a xbox series X what would be the best way of connecting this as my receiver is not 4k.

I believe my TV has 2 Hdmi ports that support 4k HDR. Would i connect my series x to the non arc port that supports 4k and then my arc hdmi will send the audio back to the receiver?

I am just trying to find out if i need to replace my receiver or not to a 4k receiver that has HDR.

Any help on this would be fantastic.

Indiana Jones

Hi,

I have a Yamaha V373 receiver with 1.4 hdmi output. i have a Sony XE9005 TV which is 4K and has hdmi 2.0 i believe. Ig i was to get a xbox series X what would be the best way of connecting this as my receiver is not 4k.

I believe my TV has 2 Hdmi ports that support 4k HDR. Would i connect my series x to the non arc port that supports 4k and then my arc hdmi will send the audio back to the receiver?

I am just trying to find out if i need to replace my receiver or not to a 4k receiver that has HDR.

Any help on this would be fantastic.
That should work fine and is what I did with my Xbox One X for a year then I upgraded to a 4K receiver and everything went through that but now with the Series X my receiver can't handle 120fps/VRR so I am again connecting the console to the TV and then use ARC to get audio to the receiver.

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom