Series x tv on budget

opethfan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello
I'm on a budget. I have 550. I currently have a Hisense U6g but it seems off especially the HDR. I was wondering what's the best tv for a series x and watching 4k movies in my budget?

You won't beat the U6G with that budget. At very least you need to be looking at TVs like the Hisense U7G. If you can find deals on outgoing older models like the Hisense H9G or TCL R635 then you may be close to getting a higher end TV for as little money as possible.

You won't beat the U6G with that budget. At very least you need to be looking at TVs like the Hisense U7G. If you can find deals on outgoing older models like the Hisense H9G or TCL R635 then you may be close to getting a higher end TV for as little money as possible.
Thanks for the info.

I'm having issues with washed out looking HDR in some games on my series x with the U6g. Do you happen to have any advice on fixing it or pointing me into the direction on getting info on fixng it?
Or is this common amongst entry level tvs?

Its common with cheaper TVs, that's why I generally advise people to avoid buying an LCD TV with less than 1000 nits peak brightness nowadays. Nothing you can do to fix it, you may find the setting 'active contrast' helps if you have it, but it introduces image processing so is more of a workaround than a fix.

If the game has an adjustment for HDR, you can also try using that to tone down the maximum nits of each release, that can sometimes help.

@opethfan that TV not good for HDR. Just turn HDR off on the console and enjoy a very good SDR image :)

@opethfan that TV not good for HDR. Just turn HDR off on the console and enjoy a very good SDR image :)
I've been using Dolby gaming since Xbox updated and allows it and it looks way better. I just hope it doesn't cause burn in or something.

Would sdr still be 4k gaming if I do it?

I've been using Dolby gaming since Xbox updated and allows it and it looks way better. I just hope it doesn't cause burn in or something.

Would sdr still be 4k gaming if I do it?
It would still be 4K it just wouldn't be HDR/Dolby Vision.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom