poprock

Standard Member
I know diagnosing this is going to be a nightmare, but maybe - just maybe - someone else has had a similar issue?

I have a Samsung Frame TV and a Sonos Arc Soundbar, connected via HDMI-eARC and set to passthrough. There have been lots of compatibility issues, which are finally now all sorted by the latest firmware updates to the TV and Sonos.

Everything is great, except when I try to use the Sky Go app on my Xbox Series X. Through that app, and only that app, my sound is out of sync.

I can adjust the sound timing through the TV’s menu and fix the problem. But then I need to adjust it back to normal before doing anything else. It’s a pain.

Anyone else seen a similar issue? Any ideas as to what might be causing it?

poprock

Standard Member
From what I can see, this seems to be to do with the Series X introducing some processing trying to turn the Sky Go app’s stereo output into a Dolby Atmos output. If I change the Series X’s sound setting to ‘stereo’ the sync issue disappears.

But then I still need to go change that setting when I want to watch Sky, then change it back again afterwards. Still a pain.

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom