Series x horrible motion blur like effect?

PaulieWalnutsss

Novice Member
Hey all first I want to apologize if I'm in the wrong place for this, I'm in desperate need of help I've been dealing with this problem for well over a year now and any input at this point would be appreciated.

Here's the problem, any time I move my camera in game (120 fps games are smoother than 60fps) I get horrible motion blur/choppy effect until I stop turning. I can tell the game is running at the correct frame rates, I also sent the first two series x's for repair/ replacement and this is the second brand new one so I'm stumped.

Things I've tried:
- restart console
-fac reset
-tried all refresh rates and resolutions
-tried a new monitor
-swapped hdmi cords
-unplugged external hds
-cleared persistent storage
- replaced console twice

I watch videos of the same game on my phone confirmed recorded on series x and nobody else has the same amount of blur/choppiness. I'm completely stumped over this it's driving me nuts. Any one have any ideas?

My display is an ASUS Tuf Gaming VG32VQ1B, I did test a Dell s2721dgf as well.

whitehart

do you have a different screen that does 120fps - for example my TV can - i get no motion blur on my samsung Q950R

PaulieWalnutsss

Novice Member
do you have a different screen that does 120fps - for example my TV can - i get no motion blur on my samsung Q950R
Sadly I don't the only TV I have is a tcl 4k but that showed the problem as well, I could send a YouTube/imgur link showing the weird judder im talking about

whitehart

Sadly I don't the only TV I have is a tcl 4k but that showed the problem as well, I could send a YouTube/imgur link showing the weird judder im talking about
its a shame you cant get a 4K 120 TV on it to compare, TV's are a little bit more lets say forgiving than a monitor from my experience

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic JZ2000 Final Thoughts - TV Calibration: Should you? And More...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom