Series X - Forza Horizon 4

Forbez

Established Member
Reaction score
HI All, I've managed to secure a Series X through Santa for my son for Christmas, as he's car mad and played Forza Horizon 4 on an Xbox one when we were on holiday, he's not stopped going on about it.

I'm looking at games for the Series X, but I cant really see Forza on there, just the XboxOne version.

Does the Xbox One version simply play on the Series X, or do I need to purchase a special version of it to play?

Thanks Tom

Horizon 4 will be enhanced by Series X, its part of gamepass also

HI All, I've managed to secure a Series X through Santa for my son for Christmas, as he's car mad and played Forza Horizon 4 on an Xbox one when we were on holiday, he's not stopped going on about it.

I'm looking at games for the Series X, but I cant really see Forza on there, just the XboxOne version.

Does the Xbox One version simply play on the Series X, or do I need to purchase a special version of it to play?

Thanks Tom

Yeah its smart delivery so you buy it, install it and you get the series X version of the game without having to lift a finger. You can buy it on disc, on the digital store, or subscribe to gamepass (do this!!!!) and download it and loads of other games for a monthly fee any that are enhanced for the series X will automatically give you that version.

There are a few games where greedy companies have decided not to support the smart delivery system, COD in particular where you have to buy a specific bundle to get the Series X version of the game. Just be warned if you want any of those....

Yeah, just get it via GamePass...small monthly fee and unlimited access to 100s of games including all Xbox 1st party (Forza, Gears, Halo etc)

Hmm, I hadnt thought of that. The game is on offer in Game at present for £17. So would be nice to be able to give it as a gift for christmas.

Will look into the GamePass thing.

Hmm, I hadnt thought of that. The game is on offer in Game at present for £17. So would be nice to be able to give it as a gift for christmas.

Will look into the GamePass thing.

On a side note it's a big download (think it's like 60GB or something like that). Even if you get your son the disc it will download all the expansions (that might not be on the disc) and then download the Series X|S update/version (which up's the graphics and stuff to make use of the new console) so your son may have a bit of a wait Christmas day... unless you have a very fast internet connection or open it all up and get it downloaded before the big day :eek::devil:.

So this would be ok, but it'll do all the downloads etc.

I've opened it already and updated the console etc, so could DL the updates before. I dont want to particularly be stuck with having to continually pay out for the GamePass, if he doesnt use it much.

I guess i could use Gamepass for the Game, and then if i also had the disk, we wouldnt to continually need to pay the game pass, and saves would work on both.

Or sell the disk into CEX or somewhere, where its currently £14 that they pay. The game is £16.49 in game.

Any saves work on the disk version or the Game Pass version. Definitely get it all set up before Christmas, Forza alone is an 80gig install.

GamePass now includes EA Play too, so even more choice. You can get it for about £100 a year in pre-paid cards, or pay about £10 a month. It's less than three new release games, and well worth it. It includes Gold too, so you'll get access to their 'free' monthly games, which are yours to keep if you just start the download, even if you stop the Gold subscription.

Enjoy. :)

Any saves work on the disk version or the Game Pass version. Definitely get it all set up before Christmas, Forza alone is an 80gig install.

GamePass now includes EA Play too, so even more choice. You can get it for about £100 a year in pre-paid cards, or pay about £10 a month. It's less than three new release games, and well worth it. It includes Gold too, so you'll get access to their 'free' monthly games, which are yours to keep if you just start the download, even if you stop the Gold subscription.

Enjoy. :)

Even cheaper if you use the GPU £1 upgrade promo.

Last edited:

So this would be ok, but it'll do all the downloads etc.

I've opened it already and updated the console etc, so could DL the updates before. I dont want to particularly be stuck with having to continually pay out for the GamePass, if he doesnt use it much.

I guess i could use Gamepass for the Game, and then if i also had the disk, we wouldnt to continually need to pay the game pass, and saves would work on both.

Or sell the disk into CEX or somewhere, where its currently £14 that they pay. The game is £16.49 in game.

You should be able to get 13 months of Game Pass Ultimate for £41 which IMO is an incredible deal, you just need to buy a year of Gold from somewhere like CDKeys then take advantage of the £1 Game Pass Ultimate upgrade promo.

Even if he only plays through half a dozen older games it will have paid for itself.

Even cheaper if you use the GPU £1 upgrade promo.

True, had forgotten about that as it only works if you haven't done it before I believe, which I have. A great deal for those new to it though. :)

True, had forgotten about that as it only works if you haven't done it before I believe, which I have. A great deal for those new to it though. :)

Might be wrong but even if you have used the £1 promo you can still do the upgrade paying the regular £10.99 price, as long as your sub has expired it should convert any Gold to GPU.

Might be wrong but even if you have used the £1 promo you can still do the upgrade paying the regular £10.99 price, as long as your sub has expired it should convert any Gold to GPU.

Maybe, think it's already been bought for Christmas anyway, and easier now just to stack on top of the exiting subscription. :)

I could be wrong as I've not tested it but you could maybe use the Xbox app on your phone to push game installs for a game prior to purchase so you could preload Forza Horizon 4 without signing up for Gamepass until December.

Cheers all, I’ve been reading through the Game Pass thread on here as well, and it seems a cracking deal. I’ll look to stack maybe 3 years of it, as he loves the Need for Speed series. Appreciate the help guys, i‘ve lurked on this forum for years and always pop back for a sensible and helpful answer.

Yes I have 3 years game pass it’s brilliant. Even the sales with gold have really good offers on popular games you can buy outright there are sales quite often

As was mentioned, you can download the game (even without gamepass) to the console before you put the disk in so you could but the disk version so he has something to open on the day and as soon as he puts the disk in the machine it’ll be ready to go (I’ve done the same with Valhalla (for me, not for my son 🤣🤣🙂)))

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom