Series X and Sony 790 receiver

glenndog

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a Xbox Series X connected to a Sony 790 receiver and then HDMI to Sony 9005 TV. When playing a blu ray through the series x I am only getting dd. I believe I should be able to get dts hd master audio. I have the following settings
Xbox
5.1 uncompressed
Alex my receiver decode audio ticked.

My receiver shows dsur on the display or dd when I select direct by pressing the 2CH/Multi button. My old receiver showed me the audio format whether that was dd, dd+ or dts hd master audio.

I am confused as to whether I am getting the best audio version and are my settings correct?

Any help would be appreciated

glenndog

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a Xbox Series X connected to a Sony 790 receiver and then HDMI to Sony 9005 TV. When playing a blu ray through the series x I am only getting dd. I believe I should be able to get dts hd master audio. I have the following settings
Xbox
5.1 uncompressed
Alex my receiver decode audio ticked.

My receiver shows dsur on the display or dd when I select direct by pressing the 2CH/Multi button. My old receiver showed me the audio format whether that was dd, dd+ or dts hd master audio.

I am confused as to whether I am getting the best audio version and are my settings correct?

Any help would be appreciated
Sorry that should of read that I have ticked the let my receiver decode audio on the xbox settings

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B Update, B&W Panorama 3 & Q Acoustics Reviews, HDR PQ EOTF/Gamma Calibration Discussion
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom