Series X and Sony 790 receiver

glenndog

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a Xbox Series X connected to a Sony 790 receiver and then HDMI to Sony 9005 TV. When playing a blu ray through the series x I am only getting dd. I believe I should be able to get dts hd master audio. I have the following settings
Xbox
5.1 uncompressed
Alex my receiver decode audio ticked.

My receiver shows dsur on the display or dd when I select direct by pressing the 2CH/Multi button. My old receiver showed me the audio format whether that was dd, dd+ or dts hd master audio.

I am confused as to whether I am getting the best audio version and are my settings correct?

Any help would be appreciated

glenndog

Novice Member
Hi,

I have a Xbox Series X connected to a Sony 790 receiver and then HDMI to Sony 9005 TV. When playing a blu ray through the series x I am only getting dd. I believe I should be able to get dts hd master audio. I have the following settings
Xbox
5.1 uncompressed
Alex my receiver decode audio ticked.

My receiver shows dsur on the display or dd when I select direct by pressing the 2CH/Multi button. My old receiver showed me the audio format whether that was dd, dd+ or dts hd master audio.

I am confused as to whether I am getting the best audio version and are my settings correct?

Any help would be appreciated
Sorry that should of read that I have ticked the let my receiver decode audio on the xbox settings

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom