Series s

Dami

Novice Member
Reaction score
Alright so I'm planning on getting either the series x or s which ever I can get at the time. But my question is I have a external HD for my Xbox one with the majority of my games on it. Can I hook that up to the series x/s and play them after downloading the games on the new console??

Yes but depending on the game it may want to download a completely new version.

I got a Series S yesterday, connected my external hard drive and games played straight off it. Enhanced Xbox one games or games purely for Series X or S will need to be stored on the internal drive to run though.

As someone who does bot like disk and plays little I feel the s is best. My issue is usable ssd is about 1/3 of x memory (3-4 games). So you need extra memory.

I think the s looks better and is so portable and local has it with game pass over 24month.

I have the x atm but not sure to take it back

As someone who does bot like disk and plays little I feel the s is best. My issue is usable ssd is about 1/3 of x memory (3-4 games). So you need extra memory.

I think the s looks better and is so portable and local has it with game pass over 24month.

I have the x atm but not sure to take it back
The usable S storage is about 364GB Series X has 802GB. The series S is basically in stock everywhere at the moment

I got a Series S yesterday, connected my external hard drive and games played straight off it. Enhanced Xbox one games or games purely for Series X or S will need to be stored on the internal drive to run though.

I didn't think the Series S played Xbox One X Enhanced versions of games and plays the Xbox One S versions.

Does the Series S not work like the Series X, where Xbox One games run off external storage, as well as some Series X|S optimised games (not all X|S games have to be installed on the internal drive)?

I didn't think the Series S played Xbox One X Enhanced versions of games and plays the Xbox One S versions.

Does the Series S not work like the Series X, where Xbox One games run off external storage, as well as some Series X|S optimised games (not all X|S games have to be installed on the internal drive)?
That is correct.

The usable S storage is about 364GB Series X has 802GB. The series S is basically in stock everywhere at the moment
Ye I know it’s in stock. Just not sure if worth swapping

I got the X Series this weekend, was getting tired of deleting games and making space. When you have a game like Cold War it takes up 50% of the space and I can imagine this getting worse over time...

Also I kind of missed playing disc games, being able to complete it, sell it and recoup some money to fund the next game.

I'm contemplating getting the series s, I generally only play football games on consoles will the series s be adequate for my needs?

I picked up a series S and glad I did.

I think the speed of loading times has been quite noticeable

Hallo is apparently going to be hitting about 100Gb as well now. Microsoft really need to address these file sizes, in still tempted by a series s but with most of the top games in after playing almost hitting 100Gb the drive will even hold enough titles to fill your quick resume cache.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom