Votes: 144 74.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 20 10.3%

• Total voters

King Tones

Outstanding Member
Solutions
Reaction score
So it's finally confirmed and will be £249, Series S or X for you to Game on ?

Or are you waiting for more details of both consoles ?

Series S.JPG

Series X for me, but think the Series S is an excellent proposition for a lot of people!

I want to get the most powerful console for next gen so the series X.

TBH, if the difference is £200 it's quite a big amount to swallow for some people. You can get 2 years of game pass or 4/5 latest games at £40 a pop (think Cyberpunk, Assassins Creed, COD and Fifa 21 at launch)

I reckon i'll be going with the S.
I have had my Day One Xbox One for.... almost 7 years now and it's still working great!
The series will be a worthy upgrade to my eyes.
I don't have a 4k gaming telly so the upgrade to the Series X wouldn't be worth it.
Yes, Those are my excuses, and i'm sticking to them.

I need that 4K player so value wise the Series X wins out for me.

Could see myself getting an S for my daughter in a couple of years though. Absolute bargain.

Definitely the X, but not right away.
I have never and will never buy a console day one.
I’ll wait a few months, save money and earn more Microsoft points to claim against credit and then buy direct from the Microsoft store.
I’ll always want and use the disc drive as I prefer to own physical copies of my games.

Series X for me if the price is within my budget.

I don't play games on disc but want the X so I can continue to watch for blu-rays (and DVDs) on my TV (without having to have extra devices under it).

I currently don't have a 4K TV let alone one with high refresh rates and VRR but want a Series X for when I do get round to upgrading.

I'm a PC gamer but mainly play older games, keeps it cheaper for me, but I am seriously tempted by Lockhart and Gamepass to try some newer/different games I wouldn't normally try and play. Won't buy it straight away but on a good deal for £199 at some point I will probably bite the bullet.

Its what its for, Cheaper but still a good spec, even a few Sony fans might consider getting a 2nd console at that price. And yeah at £199 on black friday in 2021 its gonna look mighty tempting.

I'm a PC gamer but mainly play older games, keeps it cheaper for me, but I am seriously tempted by Lockhart and Gamepass to try some newer/different games I wouldn't normally try and play. Won't buy it straight away but on a good deal for £199 at some point I will probably bite the bullet.
Why not get gamepass on pc you can play most of the games on there

List is much smaller isn't it?

Good point though :D
Not sure but there is a tonne of games on Gamepass for PC, some that dont come to console (goes the other way too). You'll be getting all the MS games on day one though. Its a no brainer for me at 3.99 a month.

This announcement has certainly made me interested in an Xbox again. I'm in the other camp and will be getting the PS5. But I've gone from buying just a PS5, to buying a Series S to go along side it as well. I doubt I will get it at launch though, but I can definitely see me picking one up in another year or so.

Not sure but there is a tonne of games on Gamepass for PC, some that dont come to console (goes the other way too). You'll be getting all the MS games on day one though. Its a no brainer for me at 3.99 a month.

Just looked at both lists, the console list is much more appealing to me games wise.

But maybe just get an older Xbox one cheap for that and also gamepass for PC might be better option.

I'd say undecided as the PS5/X/S are still all in the mix for me - possibly a combination of them even - the S seems a great option though. I will almost certainly want to buy a PS5 and X at some point down the line but there might not be enough at launch to justify either - for me. And whilst I don't care that much about launch games - if there is a cheap option that lets me jump in initially its mighty tempting.

Xbox has more to do to sell me on an X.

I am really leaning towards the Series S.

My Thoughts. On release, the PS5 will be like Gold Dust and it likely won't be until Easter 2021 when you can readily get your hands on one. So it will be between Xbox X or S if you want a console this year.

When consoles first come out the leap between last-gen and current is not that much. And you don't really see big difference until at least 2 years. Thus an intermediary console in those two years you wouldn't really be hindering yourself.

So I am thinking Xbox S now, then in November 2021 getting a PS5 all digital when readily available and likely on discount. Then in 2023 will be when the slims potentially come out and a Xbox Series X Slim (the slims usually come out 3 years after the first console's release).

I really am curious how the Xbox S compares to the old Xbox One X in terms of benchmarks.

I think the series S is great it appeals to those who just want to play the games and dont care about 4k. it appeals to those who are price conscious and it appeals to people who might want a cheap second console.

me personally i will go with Series X it will be may main console next generation so want the best one and i still have disc games and still buy disc games so will be needed for that

Series X for me....but I am sort of leaning to digital now as there’s no faffing about with swapping discs

...decisions!

I'll get a Series X, if I was to get one, which I probably will, even though I don't need one.

Xbox X with a PS5 sellotaped to the back of it - best mulitplat and Sony Exclusives AND its looks amazing. PS5 looks wrong UNTIL you stick a xbox series X on it PSX5..... drop the mic.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom