1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series link

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by fingery, Sep 11, 2004.

1. fingery

fingery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Apologies if this seems a nugget question but i've only had the box a short time :rolleyes:

I recorded "Parkinson" last week and after it had been recorded enabled the series link for it in the planner.

As it's on again tonight i'm hoping the series link will record it. Is there any way to check it's going to work?? As yet (17.30 Saturday) this evenings edition of Parky hasn't shown up in the planner to record :confused:

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    The series link should appear as soon as it's activated, ie) when the original program is being recorded. Not sure if the link is added at the beginning of the recording or on successful complition but it should be there now.

I would add the program manually and set the link up again, don't know which is more comforting, a software bug or poor linking by ITV.

Just re-read your post, you pressed the green button to add the series link after the program was recorded?

3. fingery

fingery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, I added the series link after the programme had been recorded??

What's the usual procedure?? Do you have to (or should you) do it when setting up the recording??

4. LDJ

LDJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    The Sky+ series link system is a shambles...........never trust anything your link to record for an entire series. If there is anything that you really dont want to miss, check it every week (i know that kinda defeats the purpose, but its the only way to be sure with the joke of a system sky have implemented).

ive been burnt a few times with non-existant series links :(

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

Select the series link at the same time the first program is put into the planner, when that recording is triggered the link is automatically added.

I've never tried it myself but I would be very surprised if the series link even if it could be added after a recording had taken place would work since it couldn't be triggered by the original recording activating.

The series links are far from perfect being reliant on the broadcasters but I have no problems with them myself (had problems when I first had SKY+ three years ago but nothing since, well apart from 1 episode of Kingdom Hospital, not bad reliabilty during three years use), mainly I believe because I don't record anything from ITV and only the odd program from the BBC both of who have serious problems at times.

6. fingery

fingery

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess it was my fault :blush:

I added tonights programme and selected series link before it started. Voila....next weeks is already showing in the planner.

I guess that's something to keep an eye on...

Thanks for you help guys!! :) :smoke: