1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series link on Sky+

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by dazgwinn, Jan 16, 2005.

1. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I've had my Sky+ now for six weeks now and i am at a loss why so many of my series links are failing. I guess that approx 60% of all my requests for series links are failing and that the problem is not just with any particular satation but is pretty much randem.Is it just that bad or is there a problem?Cheers Dazgwinn

2. jammyb2004

jammyb2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +113
    try doing the series link on the day that the programme is on. e.g sunday, sky one, 11pm. you've got that in the personal planner to be recorded click series link now and you should get it. because the tv guide shows a week in advance so you will be able to get the series link to work, then after that you don't need to do it again as it is series linked!?

or, run housekeeping, do a software update and see if that cures it?

jammy

3. HMHB

HMHB
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,767
    I've not had any problems with series link so far, but only have about 6 set up at any one time. Which programs in particular are failing, maybe someone else can try them at the same time to see if it's just happening on your box ?

4. dazgwinn

dazgwinn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    its happening om FX with NYPD Blue,E4 with ER and on Channel 4 with Cocaine.Thats just whats failing at the moment!

5. bobcar

bobcar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Series link will go further forward than a week, if the program is off the air for a short while (eg Christmas) then it will disappear from the listings but will come back a week before the next program is aired.

I've never had a series link fail. Failures may be down to the broadcasters or the box.

6. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    I'd be happy to set up a series link for ER on E4 if you want. This is the only one I watch out of those 3 and it would be useful for me too! I'll set the series link for the Thursday 10PM showings - Ok?

7. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,077
    Bit of a problem. Had severe wind outside our house on Thursday night and this dislodged something on my sky dish! :mad: Resulted in a cable hanging from the dish :eek: and no signal being recieved by either my sky+ or second sky box. Therefore don't know if the series link worked or not :rolleyes:

Engineer coming from Sky to fix it on Monday (FOC :thumbsup: as it's apparently covered by my sky+ warranty) so I can't check until then.