1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 7 - The Contenders

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Chandler, Oct 12, 2001.

1. Chandler

Chandler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anyone seen series 7 the contenders - is it any good/worth a purchase - and can you point me to a review (I will check this site obviously) but I like to see a few reviews!

Did anybody like dude where's my car?

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Chandler,

"Series 7" is one of those films you'll either love or hate. Your best bet, would be to check out the reviews on the Internet Movie Database, at this page!

Personally, I enjoyed it a lot, although it is an aquired taste. The endings a little bit of a cop-out, so you may want to rent the Region 2 edition when it comes out in about a months time, from FilmFour DVD, before you go ahead with a purchase.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Pooch

3. I J S

I J S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I caught it during it's theatrical run and found it to be quite compelling viewing.Though despite enjoying the film I really don't think I could ever sit through it again!

I would suggest renting it first before splashing out on the dvd! :cool:

As for Dude Where's My Car.....it's the only film I have walked out of in the last 3 years.Not quite my cuppa you could say ;)

[ 18-10-2001: Message edited by: The_Limey ]

4. chrislewis

chrislewis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Liked 'Series 7' a lot. Not sure it will be to everyone's taste, but if, like me, you find the recent crop of so-called 'reality shows' bordering on the offensive, you could do worse than give it a try. Then, at least, you will be aware of where the logical extreme could lead us.
    'Dude, Where's My Car'? No, no, no, no, no, no, no!!!!! Mind bogglingly stupid - and not in a good way - bordering on the unwatchable. I think you could safely say it was most definitely not my cup of tea.

Chris