1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Series 7 The Contenders prpblems

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by RossG, Aug 27, 2002.

1. RossG

RossG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought this disc a couple of months ago but only just got round to watching it over the long weekend. If I select Play film from the menu the player locks up and I see a green screen of death. However, if I go to scene select and choose Scene 1 it plays it. Has anyone else experienced this?

I've got a Toshiba SD-510 player

Ross:(

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    What version of the film you got?? I've got the R1 special edition
    But havent watched it yet - if you have the R1 i'll check mine

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Ross,

From the brief description of the fault that you told us about, it sounds like it's the fault of your Toshiba, and NOT the actual DVD in this instance. (I will presume that the disc is spotlessly clean, and that there is nothign wrong with your Toshiba machine rejecting other DVD's?!)

Something about that disc, is causing your Tosh to essentially lock-up and reject the disc's menu navigation system.

Have you tried the disc on another DVD player at all? If it works on another DVD player, but not on another Toshiba, then you know it's the fault of your machine.

In such a case, you'll have to get in touch with Toshiba directly. Having said that, I don't know if they will help you or not. Electronics companies tend to care less about the after-sales service, than in selling you their latest, greatest, super-dooper machine, which hasn't been fully road-tested!

At least, that's the impression I get....!

Pooch

4. RossG

RossG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the R2 disc and I haven't tried it on another machine as yet but that was going to be my next course of action. It's the first disc the Tosh has had any trouble with.

Ross

5. SimonG

SimonG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Region 4 that plays Ok on the (old, duff v1.3) Toshiba SD220E...