Series 6 or scarlet

madMARTINmarsh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi guys and gals, Im in the market to buy a new t.v and I have narrowed the field down to 2, Samsungs series 6 lcd and LG scarlet.

Both have similar spec sheets so Im stuck as to which I should buy.

Im looking for people who have already purchased them and can give me honest opinions on the quality, ease of use and over all performance of both sets so I may make an informed purchase.

thanks in advance for your time

I'm kind of in the same boat, although I can't choose between the 42" Scarlet and the Panasonic 37LZD8000...

I think the scarlet really desrves a buy,the 2008 LG ranges seem excellent and much more caring products than the samsung's

I'm not a fan of Scarlet, partly due to looks (which is of course a personal preference issue). Also the sound seems quite poor to me. Then again, the Samsung's sound isn't a whole lot better but I just think the series 6 has as good a picture and looks a lot classier.

scarlet over samsing for me. However stay away from LG3000 and LG5000, not too impressive. But LG6000, boy that is a good set!

Yeah I have to agree that LG6000 over the 6 series is the way to go.LG really tried and did a top tv in contrast to samsung which cant even fix their last year faults!!

It seems people really like the LG scarlet over the Samsung 6. Is this feeling still felt by people?

hmm yeah I would still try the scarlet seems very interesting!

Hi guys and gals, Im in the market to buy a new t.v and I have narrowed the field down to 2, Samsungs series 6 lcd and LG scarlet.

Both have similar spec sheets so Im stuck as to which I should buy.

Im looking for people who have already purchased them and can give me honest opinions on the quality, ease of use and over all performance of both sets so I may make an informed purchase.

thanks in advance for your time

Hi Martin,

I went and saw both of the tv's yesterday, the samsung 6 series look crisp and quality with a good flourish of colours and the design of the tv i thought was very classy, whereas the scarlet.. well. First of all it wasnt turned on (and i didnt know how to turn it on, so i don't know how good the pic quality is) but ive gotta say, its really really ugly in my eyes. The bottom part of the tv beneath the screen is huge and looks out of place and artificial which really changed my mind on these to tv's.

I was also stuck between these 2 but after seeing them both i am defo getting the samsung just because of its design(compared to the lg) and pic quality.

Hope this has helped with your decision,

adz

These 2 sets are very, and I mean very similar. The most distinct factor between the 2 is that the samsung has a more reflective screen in terms of light because it has a glass panel infront of it. The LG has no glass panel infront of it at all so you will not see any reflections. And thats why I'm going with the LG.

series 6 all the way looks good samsung imo are top class i have to i tryed a toshiba and that wasnt no good so stuck with the sammy
the choice is yours only you can decide the lg are def uggly

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom