• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sequence on One for all remote?

*r2d2*

Standard Member
Hello all,

I bought a One for all remote (nothing fancy, just a 4 in 1) a while ago.

Anyway, I decided to set it up yesterday and can't manage to get it to learn a "sequence", as in learning to navigate to a menu option that requires multiple button presses on my current remote.
Is that what "Key magic" is for?

Is this possible or do I need a more advanced remote, if so, what kind?

Thanks,

logiciel

Some of these do let you set up a "macro" of commands to be sent with one key press.
Don't you have the Manual to check whether your model has that feature?

*r2d2*

Standard Member
Yeah, I have the manual and macro feature, however, my understanding was that macro let you send several commands, but for example, sending an "off" signal to both your TV and DVD player.
What I'd like to do is send a sequence of commands to one appliance, at the touch of a button.

logiciel

You should be able to send up to a specified number of commands, of your choice, to either one device or more than one.
Doesn't the manual explain how to do it?

Jamie

Distinguished Member
Yeah, I have the manual and macro feature, however, my understanding was that macro let you send several commands, but for example, sending an "off" signal to both your TV and DVD player.
What I'd like to do is send a sequence of commands to one appliance, at the touch of a button.

But thats exactly what you want. On my OFA remote (I have a kameleon) you enter the Macro learning function and then simply press whatever commands you want in the Macro. Its irrelevant whether its multiple power or whatever, its just that power is the most common use for macros.

One tip I have is always make the last command on the same device you would then most likely be using, probably not an issue for your Macro as they'd all most likely be on the same device but on mine I found I'd end up on the TV page and then have to switch devices to the Sky pages

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom