Sequels better than Originals

Razor said:
LOL... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I havent seen gigli
shakehead.gif
is it any good? :confused:

Resident evil 2 was far better than the first. I am not alone in this thought. :D
Its even better in HD.

just becuase its in HD dosnt make it good :) i have it in hd then it got deleted after i remembered how bad it was. god forbid in the next week AVP is out in HD and i wanna check that out as again ive forgotten just how pants it is.

no i havnt seen gigli and i hope i never do ! just struck me as something you'd have taken an interest in :devil: you've gone down in my estimation as a fellow 24 fan your letting the side down :rolleyes: :devil: :suicide: :D

Kopite4Ever said:
just becuase its in HD dosnt make it good :) i have it in hd then it got deleted after i remembered how bad it was. god forbid in the next week AVP is out in HD and i wanna check that out as again ive forgotten just how pants it is.

no i havnt seen gigli and i hope i never do ! just struck me as something you'd have taken an interest in :devil: you've gone down in my estimation as a fellow 24 fan your letting the side down :rolleyes: :devil: :suicide: :D

:hiya: Kopite

I am surprised you like the first resident evil over the second one. Personal taste I guess. :rolleyes:

AVP was bad and a let down for me. I wanted this movie to be as good as Preditor and Aliens was. I know that is allot to ask, but hey.
dunno.gif

To be honest I have never heard of gigli, just googled it and it has J-lo in it. Not my cup of teas mate. :nono: :suicide: She has only done 1 movie which I think is ok and that is The Cell.

I forgive
b_bless.gif
you for thinking that i am letting the team down. I will pray for you and Gary
c_pray.gif

Right from the films mentioned so far, i agrre with some and disagree with others:

Terminator is better than T2, but T2 is still class. :thumbsup:
Toy Story 2 better than 1
Mad Max is better than 2, but both great.
ESB is better than ANH
Blade 2 is better than 1, hated the ending of original.
I prefer Aliens to Alien, but they are very different movies.
Superman 1 better than 2 (only just though)
SpiderMan 2 better than 1
X2 is much better than X-men
Cant believe someone suggest Predator 2 is better than 1!!! :eek: I think that must qualify for a ban.....! :D :please: ;) that goes for the same person who suggested Die Hard 2 was better than 1!!! :suicide:

Rob

Razor said:
:hiya: Kopite

I am surprised you like the first resident evil over the second one. Personal taste I guess. :rolleyes:

AVP was bad and a let down for me. I wanted this movie to be as good as Preditor and Aliens was. I know that is allot to ask, but hey.
dunno.gif

To be honest I have never heard of gigli, just googled it and it has J-lo in it. Not my cup of teas mate. :nono: :suicide: She has only done 1 movie which I think is ok and that is The Cell.

I forgive
b_bless.gif
you for thinking that i am letting the team down. I will pray for you and Gary
c_pray.gif

my problem with both films were i was a massive fan of the game series from the very start. so naturally my expectations were high. the first was well done in the realm in which they could work. i was hoping the 2d film would be awesome now we had the nemesis and it was all outside, but it just failed to live up and they could have done a hell of alot more with it. the pacing was alot better in the first to the second. its not the worst film ive ever seen but its certainly not good. im afraid video games into movies just dosnt really work.

i mentioned gigli as its notoriously hammered by critics and got the label the worst film ever i seen. even worse than the film years ago were the lead died during filming and they just replaced him with someone who looked totally different and didnt re-shoot the dead guys parts :rotfl:

Kopite4Ever said:
my problem with both films were i was a massive fan of the game series from the very start. so naturally my expectations were high. the first was well done in the realm in which they could work. i was hoping the 2d film would be awesome now we had the nemesis and it was all outside, but it just failed to live up and they could have done a hell of alot more with it. the pacing was alot better in the first to the second. its not the worst film ive ever seen but its certainly not good. im afraid video games into movies just dosnt really work.

i mentioned gigli as its notoriously hammered by critics and got the label the worst film ever i seen. even worse than the film years ago were the lead died during filming and they just replaced him with someone who looked totally different and didnt re-shoot the dead guys parts :rotfl:

:hiya:

I wasnt realy a fan of resident evil and it took a while before I saw the movie. I wasnt expecting much at all and i ended up enjoying it and buying the dvd. As for the second i just thought it was better, I dont know if the budget was anything to do with it. I do know allot of the stunts were real, like the girl running down the side of the building. That was cool.

If I was a resident evil fan I might feel differently.

What film are you refering to that had a dead man replaced.

I thought Alfe was the worst movie of the year or was that the year before. I got this a present from a college. Needlees to say its still in its wrapping. :thumbsdow

:D

Razor, Hartigan and myself = The Three Stooges? The Three Amegios? or the Three Degrees?

Gigli is shockingly bad - saw it last year (free rentals at blockies :D ) althogh Razor would love it of course :smashin: I dont think that the once great Brian de Palmer could get a job directing traffic now let alone a film.

resident evil movies are **** poor IMO never got through the second one, there was was some grass growing outside and it had a better plot and a coupe of rival ant hills so far more action too :D

Gary

Dave-S said:
Blood sport 2

pah.....Blood Sport 1 is the winner there!! Although it does look dated now.

Gary D said:
Razor, Hartigan and myself = The Three Stooges? The Three Amegios? or the Three Degrees?

Gigli is shockingly bad - saw it last year (free rentals at blockies :D ) althogh Razor would love it of course :smashin: I dont think that the once great Brian de Palmer could get a job directing traffic now let alone a film.

resident evil movies are **** poor IMO never got through the second one, there was was some grass growing outside and it had a better plot and a coupe of rival ant hills so far more action too :D

Gary

3 Amigos?!? One of the worts films I've ever seen!

3 Stooges?!? I'd hate to think which one of us was which?

3 Degrees?!? Only if I can be Donna Summer...! :D

I thought Resident Evil was pure pants and am still in the process of being persuaded by Razor to try ptII (tho a guy at work is tring his best too.) Reviews I've read of it quote it somewhere between mediocre and the worst film of all time... :)

Hartigan said:
3 Amigos?!? One of the worts films I've ever seen!

3 Stooges?!? I'd hate to think which one of us was which?

3 Degrees?!? Only if I can be Donna Summer...! :D

:)

How about

hear no evil.
See no evil.
Speak no evil.

Dave-S said:
How about

hear no evil.
See no evil.
Speak no evil.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(!)

:confused:

:(

(am i the last one...?)

:oops:

Hartigan said:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(!)

:confused:

:(

(am i the last one...?)

:oops:

:hiya: I'd've gone for the second sequel of a certain Jeff daniels and Jim Carrey film :D Dumb and Dumberer and Dumbererer :D

Hartigan earlier when you mentioned a film starring Van Damme did you actually mean Hard Target?

lovemunkey187 said:
:hiya: I'd've gone for the second sequel of a certain Jeff daniels and Jim Carrey film :D Dumb and Dumberer and Dumbererer :D

Hartigan earlier when you mentioned a film starring Van Damme did you actually mean Hard Target?

Ah, that would be it. The one with Lance Henriksen in as well? Ta :smashin:

Hard to Kill is that naff one with Steven Seagal, isn't it? That's Razor's fault. :D

Dave-S said:
How about

hear no evil.
See no evil.
Speak no evil.

hear no evil = me!!
see no evil - Razor (hence his love rubbish films like alexander :D )
Speak no Evil = Hartigan for not slaging me and razor off

although Razor is becoming the Paul Ross of the AVForums :D

Hartigan dont do it !! dont watch resident evil 2 its rubbish (you've seen my collection - i dont watch rubbish - trust me!! :D )

Oh and Donna Summer wasn't in the Three Degrees. :smashin:

We could be the Superemes and Dave could be Diana Ross? Or is that a bit gay?

Gary

although Razor is becoming the Paul Ross of the AVForums

Yep that paul ross would say a film about a turd dancing on a piece of string is good and worth 4 stars if it got his name on the poster. I can imagine it now.

Turd on a string part 2 , the return of the turd.

"A 4 Star movie........A must see "
Paul Ross...The sun. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Again I have been away working and missed loads of action in this thread.

Paul Ross hey...lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

See no evil is actually one of my fav classic comedies. I cried when i first saw this film.
a_cryingalot.gif
a_rofl.gif

Oh well it looks like I am alone with Resident Evil 2
dunno.gif

:thumbsup:

Razor said:
:hiya:

What film are you refering to that had a dead man replaced.

:D

Could be Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Bela Lugosi died during the shooting and they replaced him with someone a good 6 inches taller, who just kept his face covered with his cape. :rotfl:

Dave-S said:
depends on what mood I am in Ducky :blush:

I think A battlestar commander and you could all be my Viper pilots :D

and i was hoping for dis-spirited, cynical, drunk second in command! :D

Hugh said:
Could be Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Bela Lugosi died during the shooting and they replaced him with someone a good 6 inches taller, who just kept his face covered with his cape. :rotfl:

you could well be right there Hugh! Ed Wood :smashin:

Gary

Razor said:
Paul Ross hey...lol :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I dont know what your laughing about, Paul Ross is also a "prominant member" by another name! :devil:

Gary

Gary D said:
I dont know what your laughing about, Paul Ross is also a "prominant member" by another name! :devil:

Gary

:confused: :confused: :confused: you have lost me there :confused: :confused: :confused:

Gary D said:

Gary

christ quoting myself! i must be Tony Blair :D

paul ross = big knob = prominant member = razor

spooky connection your a prominant member and he's a big knob.

i'll get me coat......

Gary

Dave-S said:
OK, I'll go get the booze :D

I actually like the second harry potter better than the first.

now that my good sir, is a good point, very well made!!

Gary

Gary D said:
i'll get me coat......

Gary

Its in the bin, I burnt it.
disappointed.gif

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom