September Deals

Discussion in 'Virgin Media Broadband' started by speedway, Sep 5, 2007.

1. speedway

speedway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Anyone like me less than impressed with the latest "new customer only" deals.
    now offering up to 20Mb service at 23.50pm for one year when taken with phone.
    Along with recent throttling issues and my 25.00 up to 4Mb service I'm not impressed and I also have there phone.
    Had occassion last week to phone the no help line re 3 days low speed only to be palmed off with its noise on the line,were working on it!!

About time for exodus I think - BT given them a thrashing recently and Sky is sticking it to them.

And apart from this I've had a trouble free 4 years.
    BUT I HATE A RIP OFF

Speedway

2. speedway

speedway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    so nobody feels ripped off by Virgin,but happy to mump about the throttling,
    it won't get any better if they encourage mass sign up with cheaper fees will it?

3. chris57

chris57

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +157
    Left VM last month myself. Cancelling is even a job with them, had to ring 3 times and they still took my money. Took them seconds to take it from my account. Typically VM wouldn't put it back and insisted on keeping my money for 2 weeks by issuing a cheque.:thumbsdow

4. speedway

speedway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    7weeks since starting this thread and I finally get a phone call this morning from customer care(???).
    They don't know why I think there is an offer out there thats giving those taking a phone line a 20mb broadband for less than my 4mb.
    HELLO it's on your web site .(23.50 down from 37.00 for 1yr my 4mb is 25.00)
    and I have the phone unlimited bundle.
    Apparently I must be mistaken they have double checked.cheeky :censored:

Does anyone have the number for retentions. I've misplaced it, having found it here before.I think I'll give them one last chance to respect their customer before pulling the plug. In all honesty I'm was prepared to move to XL bundle or even VIP and dump SKY HD.

anyone any opinions or experiance with this move.

Thanks Speedway

5. Del45

Del45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
    Ring them up, tell them you want to give 30 days notice to quit you will then be transfered to retentions, tell them you want to give 30 days notice as you have offered a better deal by Sky (check the Sky web site and have the figures in front of you) you should then be offered a better deal.

If nothing is offered do not panic, go ahead with the 30 days notice, you should get a call in the 30 days offering some sort of deal.

At the end of 30 days you can retract your notice if you wish.

6. insane-alex

insane-alex
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    seems to depend on who you get on the other end . Spoke to a really nice chap who agreed that £25 for 4 meg was not good so upgraded me to 20 meg there and then still for £25 for a year, not bad but he couldn't offer me a discount on the price which was what i was after . Am going to ring and cancel as never download much and only need 4 meg at a descent price :lease::lease::lease::suicide: