Aperture: f/8

Photo 1: (for Sky)
Shutter Speed: 4 Secs

Photo 2: (for building / lights)
Shutter Speed: 10 Secs

Photo 3: (for foreground)
Shutter Speed: 30 Secs

Marika

Gorgeous shot. I guess the starburst lights give away the long exposure. My life has gone in cycles. I used to hate cities, then moved into one and fell in love with skylines, now I'm leaning more towards just treelines again. But I guess there could be worse views than this where they are both kind of combined.

iandrews

Gorgeous shot. I guess the starburst lights give away the long exposure. My life has gone in cycles. I used to hate cities, then moved into one and fell in love with skylines, now I'm leaning more towards just treelines again. But I guess there could be worse views than this where they are both kind of combined.

Thanks, lived in London for about 19 years now. Always around the docklands area, so have had the river nearby for some lovely views. Live in Greenwich now, and with the Park, and Blackheath its quite green, and almost countryside like. In fact just today I got held up driving across Blackheath as about 40 geese were crossing the road!

I do like the view of London from Greenwich park, it's that contrasting green grass / trees against the city skyline.

The photo was taken about 7:55, so it was getting quite dark, that's why I needed the 30 second exposure to bring out the detail in the foreground otherwise I just had a mass of blackness, and you lost the contrasting factors of the tree against the city scape. However despite the long exposure(s) I was a little concerned that at first glance the photo didn't show it, so glad you mentioned the starburst.

JDR82

Great image I really like it.

I would be curious to see it cropped up to just under that middle set of trees for a bit less foreground but keeping both the tree / city contrast.

Marika

I would be curious to see it cropped up to just under that middle set of trees for a bit less foreground but keeping both the tree / city contrast.

Would make a very striking panorama. So much so, it would be worth printing on a large canvas, if it was my shot :)

iandrews

I did crop a bit out, but at the time I didn't want to take too much off, and make it look too stretched. However looking again, I agree that removing the bottom 1/4 does make it look more balanced.

1080 jawbreaker

love a skyline and thats a belter 👍 went to New York a few years ago but by the end of the day we were that knackered from walking never got an evening skyline shot. Its still on the Bucket list 🙃

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic LZ2000, LZ1500 & LZ980 Hands-on Launch Event | No QD-OLED for 2022, new 77-inch for LZ2000
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom