September 2021 Photo Competition - Launch & Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well done to 1080jawbreaker for winning august's competition on the theme of "Derelict" with THIS PICTURE

For September he has chosen the theme "Long Exposures"

Just to be clear folks; a camera of any description is allowed; be it a pro DSLR down to the camera on your phone; there is no restriction as long as EXIF data is recorded in the original file :)

If it isn't; then email the original picture to [email protected] to verify your entry!

TBC Competition sponsor Gordon @ will offer his services of a free ISF calibration to a TV/Projector of your choice.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered he will honour the prize

Also as a courtesy; I've been asked to add a little disclaimer that any entries can be added to the AVForums Instagram page; a link will be added back to your Flickr page if you have one, so you may get more traffic too :)

Competition will close Tuesday 28th September 2021.

Si

Hmmm how long is long?
I don't have a heavy ND filter so I'll be pondering if there's anything I can shoot in low light - or by using the stacking approach with multiple exposures...

Guess I could always crack out the pinhole body cap or my plastic Holga lens.

Ohh, this is lovely! It's been absolute ages since I last did anything long exposure. I didn't manage a picture for last month, sorry about that. I was just not very inspired for, it was not the fault of anyone/thing but myself. Hopefully this month will be a bit calmer and I'll have more time to focus on this :)

Hmmm how long is long?
I don't have a heavy ND filter so I'll be pondering if there's anything I can shoot in low light - or by using the stacking approach with multiple exposures...

i get water falls at about half a second. I hate faffing about with ND's. The magnetic 1's would help but cant justify the cost.

Ohh, this is lovely! It's been absolute ages since I last did anything long exposure. I didn't manage a picture for last month, sorry about that. I was just not very inspired for, it was not the fault of anyone/thing but myself. Hopefully this month will be a bit calmer and I'll have more time to focus on this :)
same, ive got lazy and uninspired and just snapped the odd pic with my phone here and there.

Hmmm how long is long?

It's very subjective, some say any exposure that you can't capture handheld but again there's a whole range of variables such as focal length, and the individuals own ability to handhold. Plus there's IBIS and such like these days that blur the lines even more, for example with the EM5-II and 12-40mm I could get a handheld shot at 2s. I would however call 2s long exposure.
same, ive got lazy and uninspired and just snapped the odd pic with my phone here and there.
Ditto, I can't remember the last time I went out solely for the purpose of taking a landscape shots, I just take the odd one when out walking the dog. I live in a nice area for landscapes but the idea of lugging a camera, tripod, filters etc etc is less appealing than it once was. Especially for sunsets and sunrises which are usually at more antisocial hours.

ive got the idea of the pic i want to take, just lacking the mojo

Was going to go out on Wednesday (weather depending) to take my entry pic but I’ve just seen the comp closes tomorrow :facepalm: Oh well, another month of not entering :blush:

Annoyed with myself as its been hectic with work but I had an opportunity for a shot in the first week of the month as I left my camera back at the hotel when its usually always in my car.....

I took the attached at the weekend but couldn't get an angle on the falls that I liked and didn't feel like it was worth entering.

I joked about refreshing my expired rope access training but my other half wasn't amused the last thing she needs is the thought of my abseiling of stuff to get a better photo when out on my own... :laugh:

Attachments

• DSCF6526.jpg
    DSCF6526.jpg
    735.2 KB · Views: 40
Annoyed with myself as its been hectic with work but I had an opportunity for a shot in the first week of the month as I left my camera back at the hotel when its usually always in my car.....

I took the attached at the weekend but couldn't get an angle on the falls that I liked and didn't feel like it was worth entering.

I joked about refreshing my expired rope access training but my other half wasn't amused the last thing she needs is the thought of my abseiling of stuff to get a better photo when out on my own... :laugh:
Nothing wrong with that pic imo.

Thanks I used the wrong wording there I think it was more one of those situations where I envisioned a very specific shot and when I couldnt get it I then was overly judgemental on everything I did take.

i should have entered as I was determined to try and enter monthly to encourage myself to get out more with the camera.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom