September 2009 Competition - Launch and Discussion

Zone

Reaction score
Well Done to Dave (Butch499) for winning August's Competition :clap:

He's chosen a theme that has been chosen before (4yrs ago) :eek: I only remember because I came second with this :mad: :D

mislaid.jpg

The winner was mjw123 with this

mjw123.jpg

The theme if you hadn't guessed is

GLASS

I'll try and update the thumbnail page as and when entries come in HERE

Please take time to make yourself familiar with the rules before posting HERE

As always

will once again be supplying a 10x8" print of the winning shot :)

Gordon @

who is once again offering his services for a free ISF calibration, terms and conditions apply, see below :thumbsup:
[/SIZE]

Closing date is Monday 28th September at 7pm or thereabouts.

Terms and conditions for ISF Calibration prize:
Prize: 1 x ISF calibration
Only available on mainland uk
Calibration will be done when Convergent are already in your area
There is no cash alternative
If winner is out with mainland UK then if travel costs are covered we will honour the prize

Last edited:
Thanks a lot Si!

I didn't realise that 'Glass' would be a re-run! I have been hanging out on the forum for a while, but I think this theme was before that time. I hope 4 years is a long enough gap for those 'vets' out there who have been supporting the AVF Photocomp for so long (like Zone) not to mind having another shot at it, and yes, maybe Zone can top the poll once again!

So we are talking about texture, distortion, colour, reflections, difraction and probably more glass properties that I can think of right now. I hope you enjoy looking through your 'glass' for inspiration!

Thanks to all!
:thumbsup:

well done Butch, that 'lady' is now gracing your walls in a framed 10x8:smashin:

hope to have a better entry this month than I did in August, nice subject, brings up lots of images - in my head -.

No thumbnails page yet?

Is it just me being blonde or is there no thumbnails page this month?
:confused:

Last edited:
Guys

I'm away until the 28th so the comp won't close till then, the voting will take place as soon as possible after and may possibly close late on the 1st!

Hi All due to lack of inspiration dont think I will be getting an entry in this month but am not too dissappointed looking at the high standard of entries this month. Good luck and may the best pic win.:thumbsup:

Just had a peek at the entrees thus far and the standard of work is really high for this month. Lots of creativity and effort has gone in :clap:

Good luck to everyone, It's going to be hard to choose

Folks - I can't find the voting page anymore can someone post the link again ?

Thanks

Jim :oops:

Jim
It wont be up and running till after 7 :D

Thanks - knew it would be something dreadfully obvious :D :suicide:

Jim

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom