1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

seperates or system

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by johnboy1967, Nov 21, 2004.

1. johnboy1967

johnboy1967
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    looking to get either teac legacy600,denondm31 or nad320 amp with nad521 cd player.the hard part is speakers as i would like missionm71 on stands but having a 3 year old jumping around i am wary of the speakers and stands being knocked or pulled over and hurting the little one.the other way is the missionm73 floorstanders which i would imagine are more stable,convincing the wife that they will not stand out is another matter.i have also seen wharfedale flat panel speakers with subwoofer,these could be a short term solution until my little girl is older when i would change them.anybody tried flat panel speakers and got an opinion on them?if i get the whardedales would they stop the nad setup from showing its true potential?all advice welcome cheers.

2. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
    Children play a big part in critical factors for audio setups. I had to sell all my valve amps and had several speakers destroyed by children :(

The M71's are great speakers but I guess your choice is to buy some very heavy stands or find a way of fixing them firmly to the floor. Alternatively, how about wall brackets.

One solution which worked for me was to get some heavy stands and add some broken paving slabs inside the speaker cabinet. This made the speaker almost unmovable and improved the sound quality dramatically.

The problem with children is that the difficulties change as they get older. Young children want to climb on equipment, later on they want to know can you put jam in them and by the time they are teenagers they will wish to play their music (which you will hate btw) at full volume whilst resting some opened cans of beer on your amps and use the speaker cabinets as an ashtray.

3. Londondecca

Londondecca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +96
  4. matt bellamy

matt bellamy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: