1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seperate DTS/DD5.1 Decoder?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by JayX, Sep 10, 2003.

1. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    i own a sony dvd player that has a 6 channel output, so i've always got my dd5.1 from a prologic amp with a 6channel discrete input. i've decided to pick up a cheap player to take to my new house with me, which wont contain the output i want... so wondering if its still possibly to pick these up (basically digital in, 6 ch phono out) and how much they cost?

dd5.1 is wanted the most, but if its not much more for a dts box.. then might be tempted :D cheers

2. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a couple of processors..

Harmon/Kardon ADP-303. Stereo & Dolby Digital. 1 optical, 1 coaxial, 1 RF for LD. 5.1 input (direct bypass), 5.1 to poweramps/5.1 input. Not remote controlled.

Denon AVD-2000. Stereo, Pro-Logic, Dolby Digital. 2 optical, 2 coaxial, 1 RF for LD, 1 optical out. 5.1 input (not direct bypass) 5.1 to poweramps/5.1 input. Remote controlled.

There are a few other cheap processors around- Onkyo & Pioneer made them, and Technics, Sony & Yamaha (Yamaha didn't have volume control, basically direct out)

3. JayX

JayX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    wicked, will punch those into google now. hopefully get a bargain now im probably the only person left who wants one. i like my lil yamaha amp too much, and it wasn't expensive, so i can't bare to part with it yet :) thanks loads

4. jameslindsey

jameslindsey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    I had a Technics SCH-AC300 AC3 processor they did a AC3 & DTS one as well the SCH-AC500 I think. Was very happy with it, only cost £150 ish. Also if memory serves correctly Denon used to make one for about £250 that was well received.

If only you needed this a month earlier, got rid of my old processor now and upgraded to an all in one. Doh!

5. nathan_silly

nathan_silly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0