Seperate Dolby 5.1 decoder

bignairy

Standard Member
Can anyone recommend a separate Dolby 5.1 decoder (digital in, low level audio signals out) that is less than £100?
I don't want a full receiver, as I want to feed in from my DVD and Sky+ but then feed it into my existing stereo for the main (L+R) speakers plus some active speakers for the centre/rear.:cool:

Bassbin

I use a Denon AVD2000 in my main system now with Rotel power amps. They come up on ebay every so often and you dhould be able to get one for £100. There was a similar model from Pioneer in the classifieds here (don't know if it's still there) and there's also a couple of models from Sony. Have a look at the reviews using the AV resources at the top of the screen.

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Sony do a stunning one as well (£75 to 100) secondhand, class act but can only deal with digital signals, still highly competitive now. Was flagship stuff at £600, the circuit board is a work of art :)

General Skanky

There was a Pioneer one for sale in the sales section recently. Do a search as it may still be available.

B

bobbypunk

Technics ones doing the rounds are pretty good and i'm pretty sure they are DTS soon.
SHAC500

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom