1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seperate Dolby 5.1 decoder

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by bignairy, Mar 20, 2004.

1. bignairy

bignairy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can anyone recommend a separate Dolby 5.1 decoder (digital in, low level audio signals out) that is less than £100?
    I don't want a full receiver, as I want to feed in from my DVD and Sky+ but then feed it into my existing stereo for the main (L+R) speakers plus some active speakers for the centre/rear.:cool:

2. Bassbin

Bassbin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I use a Denon AVD2000 in my main system now with Rotel power amps. They come up on ebay every so often and you dhould be able to get one for £100. There was a similar model from Pioneer in the classifieds here (don't know if it's still there) and there's also a couple of models from Sony. Have a look at the reviews using the AV resources at the top of the screen.

3. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    Sony do a stunning one as well (£75 to 100) secondhand, class act but can only deal with digital signals, still highly competitive now. Was flagship stuff at £600, the circuit board is a work of art :)

4. General Skanky

General Skanky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    There was a Pioneer one for sale in the sales section recently. Do a search as it may still be available.

5. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Technics ones doing the rounds are pretty good and i'm pretty sure they are DTS soon.
    SHAC500