1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seperate Audio from Video

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by norfy, Nov 27, 2003.

1. norfy

norfy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TRV33 and Movie Maker 2. I want to be able to stream the video footage to my pc and then strip the audio out to make an mp3. Not sure if this can be done in Movie Maker (I can't see it). I've tried using an audio ripper that just records what plays through the sound card, but the quality is not good.

Any suggestions of how to do it or what software will do it ?

Cheers

Mark

2. Brian110507

Brian110507

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been told that Moviemaker2 actually captures the video and audio seperately and if you actually open the capture folder rather than trying to access it within Moviemaker you will find a 'wave' file which is actually the audio sound track. I can't verify that because I don't capture in Moviemaker. A site which can answer most questions regarding Moviemaker2 is www.papajohn.org and I think you'll find a visit worthwhile.

I use Ulead Video Studio 7 and you can most definitely extract as much or as little audio from video in there as you wish.

3. Tunes Man

Tunes Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If all you want to do is capture audio from your camcorder, download a software from the web called "Goldwave". It's a free download and it's a very good audio editing software. From there all you have to do is record the audio from your audio outputs on your camcorder onto your pc, and you'll have a wave file created for editing. I've done this from my vcr a couple of times when I wanted some background music to add to some video productions
    I was making.

Tunesman.