1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Separates or not.

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by diesel, Sep 26, 2002.

1. diesel

diesel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    I apologise in advance if this is a stupid question.

I have been thinking of upgrading my modest set-up to something a little better. I currently have a Sony 1070 amp and have been thinking about upgrading to the pioneer ax10.

Some of the stuff i have read suggests that for this money I would be better buying a seperate processor and amp. How much better would a AV32R EX 7.1 BP-192 processor and matching amp be than the pioneer.

I appreciate that the tag stuff would be dearer but would i notice so much of an improvement over the ax10 that it would be worth the extra cash?

I have M&K LCR-750 MK II THX SELECT main speakers and SURROUND-55 MK II TRIPOLE surrounds.I have a M&K VX100 Sub and I am using a Toshiba SD210s DVD through an Iscan Pro to Panny 42" plasma.

I am thinking of upgrading the DVD to a Pioneer 747a or a Tag DVD32r.

Am i on the right lines please? Any info or opinions welcome

:confused:

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    going for the tag's, you woul be on the right lines! I dont think you can really go wrong. From what EVERYone says, the tag route will easily better the integrated. The tag dvd player is also supposed to be legendarily good. Or so im told

ad

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    Not at all a stupid question but there are very few people here qualified to give an answer. Uncle Eric has just gone this route from top of the range integrated Denon amp to TAG AV32R so seek out his advice.

4. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Maybe i was a bit over exuberant! What i really meant was that no one i have heard of has complained once they upgrade to tag. Theoretically i also assume the separates to be technically superior. But listen to Ian! :D

Ad

5. kevb

kevb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Why nobody else does.;) :D