Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Separates or all-in-one on a budget

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by villaceltic, Jan 22, 2004.

1. villaceltic

villaceltic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My brother-in-law is looking to get into HC in a small way. He likes the idea of an all in one package. I tend to think (rightly or wrongly) that he'd enjoy separates in the long run but given that he's talking about a £250-£300 budget I don't know what to suggest. At that budget is it much of a muchness between the 2 types of system?

What would people advise and what in particular is good as an all-in-one or separates (DVD, Amp & Speakers) for this money.

Can you get PLII, DTS(!?), etc. at this level?

Many Thanks

Macca

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    seperates PIO 301 amp/receiver £160 TOSH SD330E or PIO 360 + speakers, depends what else ne wants to connect, PL2 DTS are all available but if he has Sky, Xbox etc seperates tend to be better have more inputs, Cheaper all in ones have very limited inputs for other kit (if any)