Separates Connectors

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by elysium, Dec 16, 2002.

1. elysium

elysium

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have just bought a Sony STR-DE685 AV Amp and Toshiba SD220 DVD player which I would like to link up to each other and the existing videos, NTL digital and TV that i've got but would like a bit of help on the best way to do it.

The Crutchfields site at http://www.crutchfield.com/cgi-bin/...20&id=morephotos&pi=2&i=158STRE685&display=XL shows the connectors on the back of the amp so i'd just like to know if what I am doing is correct or the best way.

I'm thinking of connecting the videos via a Scart to S-video and 2 RCA leads to the Video 1 and Video 2 inputs - they are fairly old and don't have RGB scarts so will this be ok?

I think i'll have to do the same with the NTL box (its the one with the blue remote if that helps?) although this can output RGB.

The dvd player has a component video, s-video and scart outputs so would I be best off connecting it with component video and then rca's for the sound?

And finally, the TV is about 5 years old - a JVC 29" pro logic number which only has two scarts so would I need a scart to s-video lead for this?

Thanks very much for any help, i'm relatively inexperienced with separates so and advice would be appreciated (although please don't tell me i should have bought a different amp/dvd as i've already ordered them now!).

Cheers

James

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    After selecting bitstream from the Tosh set up menu, connect to your sony via a coax/optical connector.
    As for the video side of things, provided your JVC can accept the component signal ( i doubt it can) use it,if it can't use an RGB scart. :)