Separate Plasmas forum?

Split this forum into 2 - TVs being one Plasmas the other?

• Yes

Votes: 78 87.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 12.4%

• Total voters

Stuart Wright

AVForums Founder
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
Do you think it's justified to separate this forum into two - TVs in one and Plasma discussions in the other?

anytime i go to vote on anything spectre i get this message

The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session

any idea why this is happening :confused:

Someone suggested it.
There's plenty of interest in tellys. I'm wondering whether a Plasmas forum would be sufficiently busy.
Plenty of people like the idea so far.

Originally posted by Spectre
I'm wondering whether a Plasmas forum would be sufficiently busy.

Hopefully it WON'T be as busy as the telly one! With so many posts about faulty CRT's, we can only pray the plasma "industry" guys keep getting it right.

Someone suggested it.
There's plenty of interest in tellys. I'm wondering whether a Plasmas forum would be sufficiently busy.
Plenty of people like the idea so far.
The reason I asked is because I'd like to see what people think are the pros/cons before voting myself.

Cheers,
Liam

Hi

I'm in favour of a split as I have no interest in CRTs so it would be far easier to read.

Regards
Andrew

I have voted yes for convenience sake and the growth in interest may warrant this. Though it is a tricky point as plasmas are being pushed as 'tvs' now.

Maybe in the fullness of time.At the moment it is debatable as to whether the amount of plasma posts warrant it.

In my opinion I believe there is sufficient traffic in this forum to justify a seperation for Plasma's.

I believe as the technology becomes more affordable it will also become a great deal more mainstream. The rate of products hitting the market and the speed that prices are dropping, it is an excellent time to make the seperation.

I also vote for a separate Plasma thread.

Good suggestion as more and more people are getting towards Plasma now.

I've voted for a seperate thread but could we have a "Plasma and LCD forum". I believe our US equivalent site has this.

Pat

I think it's a great idea as a prospective plasma buyer would want to find out as much information as possible, about to make such a huge investment. Having a separate forum for plasma's would make it easy for people to get an overview of already raised topics.

Yo

I vote for a seperate thread.

John

Ok, so new plasmas forum created.
Now who wants to moderate it?

Ok, so new plasmas forum created.
Now who wants to moderate it?

How about some of the moderators from 'now shipping' forum? there are loads of them in their!;) :D

Moderated by:
ashearer, Jase, Lex, PoochJD, Reiner, Spectre, ashearer, Jase, Lex, PoochJD, Reiner, Spectre

(Just wondered if you knew you had doubled them up Stuart)

Taz.:cool:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom