Separate channel levels on 3802 for various modes??

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Doug, Apr 29, 2002.

1. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

Any 3802 owners out there who can help me please? I have set the channel levels in the setup menu,but noticed that when I check them during DTS or DD playback (by pressing enter on the remote) they are all at zero (default)?

From reading the manual I understood that you can set different channel levels for other dsp's (eg Widescreen,Matrix,5/7 ch stereo), but that the "global" setting that you establish in setup applies to DPLII, DD and DTS?

Secondly,is it possible to set different channel levels for DPLII Music and Cinema modes? This would be really great as I prefer the rears a bit quieter during DPLII Music.

2. Electric Mayhem

Electric Mayhem
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,299
    Hi

Doublecheck the Channel Level settings in the setup menu as normally once this is done these are the levels that will appear in every mode PL2, DTS, 5/7ch etc before you fine tune them individually. Make sure its storing them.

The amp treats PL2, Dolby Digital, DTS as one mode and I dont think you can have seperate settings for PL2 Movie & Music.
    You can certainly have different settings for 5/7ch stereo etc.

3. Doug

Doug

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll run through the setup again tonite. I guess it's OK to have PLII,DD & DTS as one setting,but I definitely need 5/7 ch stereo levels to be set lower,as this is significantly louder than the other modes

Thanks Jase

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    The 0db is in relation to your settings in the channel levels menu.

With all at 0db means that they as you have set them in the menu. This basically gives a place to start when setting levels for extra DPS's like 5/7ch stereo. (which you will stop using for music soon as you will realise the DIRECT mode is much better, I did!)