1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sensory Room!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Judith, Jan 15, 2005.

1. Judith

Judith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    In my other life I am involved in putting together a sensory room. This is in a childrens centre which is in the process of being built. I am trying to work out what to do for the visual/aural part of the design. The room is approximately 8mx5m and will have a 32" Plasma screen. Richer Sounds have reccommended that I use a Cambridge Audio Azur 540R Amplifier with a Cambridge DVD57. The speakers would be a Gale 3050 centre under the screen with another on the opposite wall, 2 Gale Gold Monitors, one in each corner, and finally an Aural Envelope SC10 which will probably be built into a cabinet below the screen (to try and keep little fingers from being poked through the fabric covering). They have reccommended that I use a Component cable between the screen and the DVD then a digital cable between the amplifier and DVD. Will this give a good - actually I mean GREAT!! - sound system? Would £850 inc VAT be a fair price for the lot.

Thanks Judith

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    if £850 includes the screen yes.........just for Audio for charity(i assume) a bit steep......Will 5.1 surround really help? are the kids Autistic?

3. jonnyt

jonnyt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    yep, surround sound in a sensory room is great - some of the 'fish tank tv' types of thing come in 5.1 and are truly remarkable, whale noises sounds like they are coming from above/behind you ;o)

judith, do you have any lighting systems in place?

4. klr10

klr10

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Judith have you thought about using a projector rather than a plasma? You could have a whole wall of picture (with the right lens on it).