• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sensitive Silent Switch, Fault? Replacement?

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Hi guys, iv had my 3GS for 8 months and the silent switch has all the sudden became very very sensitive, the slightest touch and the phone buzzes/vibrates

Constatntly going off in my pocket making me think i have a text.

My question is, its well within warranty (bought from O2 business)

What will happen, will they fix it? replace like for like? or do you reckon they could give me an iphone 4???

Where would i need to go to, O2 or straight to the apple shop???

Thanks guys

AdamInTheUK

Standard Member
Hi Dan,

Had a similar problem with my 3GS with Orange and ended up having a few arguments with the dipsticks on the end of the phone who basically said "Well, if you can still flick it, then its not broken".

Anyway, after a call to Apple they said to take it into one of the genius bars and they'd sort it out. I left it with them for an hour and when I got back to the store it looked pretty much brand new. I think they gave it a bloody good clean and replaced the rocker switch. Did you have the extended applecare warranty, or do you have anything that came with the phone which says anything about 'apple care'?

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Hi Dan,

Had a similar problem with my 3GS with Orange and ended up having a few arguments with the dipsticks on the end of the phone who basically said "Well, if you can still flick it, then its not broken".

Anyway, after a call to Apple they said to take it into one of the genius bars and they'd sort it out. I left it with them for an hour and when I got back to the store it looked pretty much brand new. I think they gave it a bloody good clean and replaced the rocker switch. Did you have the extended applecare warranty, or do you have anything that came with the phone which says anything about 'apple care'?

no extended apple care and nothing that came with it? do i need this??

Trune

Established Member
no you just need normal warranty.

if you have a local apple store, book an appointment, they will probably swap it for a refurb. A very good quality one though :)

bransoj

Prominent Member
Hi guys, iv had my 3GS for 8 months and the silent switch has all the sudden became very very sensitive, the slightest touch and the phone buzzes/vibrates

Constatntly going off in my pocket making me think i have a text.

My question is, its well within warranty (bought from O2 business)

What will happen, will they fix it? replace like for like? or do you reckon they could give me an iphone 4???

Where would i need to go to, O2 or straight to the apple shop???

Thanks guys
Strangely enough mine has just started doing this!! When its already on silent if you catch the switch so it goes in or a bit further down it keeps vibrating like it does when you initially set it. Wasnt sure if it was normal or a fault.

VAMOS DAN

Prominent Member
Strangely enough mine has just started doing this!! When its already on silent if you catch the switch so it goes in or a bit further down it keeps vibrating like it does when you initially set it. Wasnt sure if it was normal or a fault.

yeah same mate, it seems if any pressure is on it it vibrates, annoying as hell!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom