• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sennheisers on Ebay/Play.com/Amazon ect

jamesy999

Established Member
People selling CX 500's for £10!! Theres no way they are genuine. Why don't ebay ect clamp down on this? People are getting ripped off left right and center. I'm after a pair of Senn buds but after having a quick look on ebay ect i think i'll stick with my MX500's and PMX 80's rather than trying to decipher which are genuine and which are fakes!

D3AN

Standard Member
I bought a pair of CX500's last year from eBay for about £15 and they were perfectly genuine... either that or they are an extremely good pair of fakes :)

D3AN

Standard Member
But then my mate has a pair of genuine CX300s and the CX500s I have are easily better than them... Fakes that good? Why bother?

jamesy999

Established Member
Mybe you got lucky but its estimated that 80% of Senns on ebay are fakes. You just can't buy them from the supplier for that price.

jamesy999

Established Member
Judgeing by the fact he sells cx500's for £13 and that he's selling these £120+ headphones for £55, i'd be pretty sure they're fakes. Might be good fakes but i'd want the real thing.

bugser

Established Member
aye its really hard to tell
on the ad the word genuine is conspicuous by its abscence
however they are in a sealed box, he told me that, not sure if that means anything either!
bought a pair of fake cx300's a few years ago, they fell apart in no time lol, it was at a time when fake cx300's only started to flood ebay.
its amazing the amount of people buying fake senns on ebay and don't know it! ignorance is bliss i guess!

Steven

Senior Moderator
The MX500 are excellent earbuds

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom