Sennheiser RS 180 Headphones

kayendee

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have Sennheiser RS 180 wireless headphones and have just bought another second hand set. I have associated these second headphones to the original transmitter so I can now run both headphones from one transmitter. I had planned to use the second transmitter just for charging the second set of headphones but they do not charge up when plugged in. Is it possible that they will not charge if there is no audio connection?

I wouldn’t have thought the lack of audio connection would prevent the headphones charging.
I think you've maybe bought a duff headset.

I tried swapping the units last night. Both sets of Headsets will charge on either transmitter but only when it is connected to mains and audio. It looks like I shall have to charge the headsets alternately or try and get hold of a 3.5 mm jack splitter so that I can connect the audio out to both transmitters.

i have the rs170 and rs180 (they work with each others base stations). Charging works fine with or without audio connection or pairing. I think the charge terminals are simply a charging ciruit and nothing more clever is going on there.

OK thanks, maybe the second hand base unit/charger is duff.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom