1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sennheiser PXC300

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Stellavision, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I have been looking into buying a pair of Bose QC2 headphones as a freind of mine has them and I was very impressed with the sound quality.
    However, I have been reading here that the Sennheiser PXC250 have offered favourable competition at the fraction of the price.
    I have just been looking at the PXC300 offered at £109.22 by HifiBitz and wondered if anyone has tried these yet? Being the next model above the 250's I am guessing they could potentially prove an even greater rival towards the Bose.

Does anyone know the difference between the PCX250 and the PCX300?

2. constantine_jk

constantine_jk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PXC300 has NoiseGuard advanced which offers up tp 80% noise reduction while NoiseGuard (PXC250) reduces the noise by up to 65%. I had the PXC250 for a while and the seem to work pretty good, but I had my money back due to other reasons. It would be nice to have an opinion from someone that has tried the 300s as I am thinking of buying them as well.

3. LV426

LV426
    Administrator Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,036
    Demo'd a pair at the Bristol Show. Compared them to the 250s. The difference in noise reduction was definitely noticeable. I nearly bought a pair. I might yet do so.....

4. Stellavision

Stellavision

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Found them even cheaper at Empire Direct for £94.57, but they are out of stock here and at HiFi Bitz. These are the only two places I have found so far advertising them.
    There must be a stock of them somewhere in the UK. :confused:

I may place my order with Empire tomorrow and forget about them. They might arrive in time for a birthday present to myself in May! :D