1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sennheiser PX100

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by ps22571, Jul 5, 2005.

1. ps22571

ps22571
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone use the Sennheiser PX100 headphones to listen to movies via their amp?

Don't want to spend much and am looking to purchase a set of headphones which will be used solely for listening to movies at night (I have a newborn baby so blasting the surround speakers at night is not a good idea).

Have looked at the Grado SR60s as well but as I say don't want to spend too much - I am willing to buy secondhand if there is anyone willing to sell a decent pair at a reasonable price.

thanks

2. blurr

blurr
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Haven't had much experience with the PX100, but I have with the PX200 being used on my Sony Minidisc player, it was pretty good, but on the odd occasion I would catch my hair in the head band. I sold it on a few months ago seeing as my MD player broke.

Recently I've bought a replacement for my broken MD player and have purchased a pair of AKG K26P's to accompany it. So far so good, very very comfortable on the ears, more so than the px200s, sound playback is pretty good too, closed with dynamic audio. Also foldable and comes with a storage pouch - if thats any benefit. Purchased it from Nusystems.co.uk, £27 inc p&p - they've got an offer on free p&p for all AKG products. Nusytems were also generous enough to throw in a free CD-rw cd!

My only gripe with the AKG K26 is that the headband retracts when you take it off, so you have to readjust it everytime you put it on, which isn't that much of a hassle.

3. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    The Sennheiser HD201 are only £14 delivered and not bad for the price. They are closed as well so less disturbing for others.

You can checkout opinions on them over at head-fi.org

I have a pair for commuting and they sound much better than £14 worth.

Steve