Sennheiser PX100 or Sennheiser PX200

PAULRYAN52

Established Member
Reaction score
which are better for use with an mp3 player

Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser PX200

they both using the same driver... I would go for the px100 if it is much cheaper...

about £10 difference

what are the current price of px200 and px100?

I used to get px100 from scan for about £18

px 100 - £15 amazon
px 200 - £23 amazon

it just below £15, somthing like £14.95

ye

which are better for use with an mp3 player

Sennheiser PX100
Sennheiser PX200

The PX100 are open back and the PX200 are closed back, so it would depend on where you are going to listen with them and if you don't mind annoying people in close proximity (open backed). The closed back (PX200) will sound more bassy but will not leak sound and will limit the amount of outside noise interfering with your listening.

Cheers

Dave K.

Believe it or not the 100s actually give a more bassy and powerful sound but they do leak alot of noise both in and out. The 200s give a less bassy more crisp sound. I have had both and if the 100s didn't leak so much sound I would prefer them but as they do I would say get the 200s. Both are great though.

I have the px200 and they don't really deliver on any level. They are bass light to the extent that I don't want to listen to them and they are just a back up headphone now. Absolute waste of money.
Out of the 2 I would deffo pick the px100 as they do deliver good sound as an open portable headphone.
If you need closed back then look elsewhere - e.g. AKG K518 for one.

Just how big a difference is there between these £15 PX100, and £75 HD280?

I want some budget gaming earphones but dont want to spend a fortune on top of that JVC dolby headphone unit. Is it really worth 4-5 times the cost for full-size headphones?

The Sennheiser PX100 and the HD280 are wildly different headphones. The HD280's are full size sealed (closed back) headphones, whereas the PX100's are lightweight on ear open back headphones.

The PX100's are great if you need to be mobile. It depends how much you move around while gaming, but the HD280's are quite large and may wobble around if you move your head too much.

The HD280's are a good choice if you need the sealed back - to keep external noise out, or your noise in!

Shaun

As many others have stated, the biggest problem with the PX100s is they let a lot of noise both in and out. If you're going to be listening on trains or buses, then they won't do, in which case you'd be best of going for the PX200s, or stretching the budget for a pair of AKG 416P or 414P.

thanks,

i dont plan on using them or anything other than gaming with a JVC dolby headphone unit, i'd like to go for £75 headphones but i want to spend a lot less and ive heard good things aboout the PX100.

The sound leaking isnt a problem as i'd like to be able to hear in while gaming. And even then its only for occasional once or twice a week gaming sessions.

i have a pair of PX200 and they are totally cool, the sound is so crisp in your ear you can feel every beat and tone with crystal clarity, if you want to let others enjoy your music as well then PX100 is the choice, however if you want to toally enjoy your music to its full, then do as i did and get yourself the PX200's

i have a pair of PX200 and they are totally cool, the sound is so crisp in your ear you can feel every beat and tone with crystal clarity, if you want to let others enjoy your music as well then PX100 is the choice, however if you want to toally enjoy your music to its full, then do as i did and get yourself the PX200's
Yes they are clear but there's NO BASS! NONE! So in my book that is not enjoying the music to its full potential.:nono: Sounds to me like you haven't compared the 200s to anything else decent.

In my experience the PX200's either fit your ears well, and the bass response is good, or they fit badly and the bass response is poor. The poor bass response on badly fitting headphones is due to the bass frequencies leaking to the outside world.

The PX200's are designed to be sealed (or in other words have a closed back), so they depend on a good fit to give the desired response. You may get better bass response by moving the headband towards the back of your head, and therefore presenting the earpads at a different angle on your ears.

I'm guessing the differences in fit explain the contradictory experiences in this thread.

Shaun

In my experience the PX200's either fit your ears well, and the bass response is good, or they fit badly and the bass response is poor. The poor bass response on badly fitting headphones is due to the bass frequencies leaking to the outside world.

The PX200's are designed to be sealed (or in other words have a closed back), so they depend on a good fit to give the desired response. You may get better bass response by moving the headband towards the back of your head, and therefore presenting the earpads at a different angle on your ears.

I'm guessing the differences in fit explain the contradictory experiences in this thread.

Shaun

I have a pair of PX200 right here and tested them again. When I just put them and wear them normally they sound pretty clear but tinny and bass light and no altering of the angle can improve things.
When I hold them tightly onto my ears with my hands the bass response improves but still not that great.
I compared them(holding tight with hands) to my old £5 1990 Aiwa HP-X201 and the Aiwa's win.
I compared them to my DT770's and its obviously an even greater win over the PX200s.

So in essence I agree with the above post about better fit = better bass, but from my extensive internet research I predict the likelyhood of the PX200s fitting somebody's ears well enough to get an acceptable bass response would be maybe 10% ish.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom