Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sennheiser PC160 - How do I enable 3D?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by cathersal, Aug 31, 2005.

1. cathersal

cathersal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry for the stupid question, but I can't figure these things out. I ordered them because I read generally favorable reviews on these headphones and because people said the the 3D sound really works. However, I can't figure out how to enable this. I have a 5.1 capable sound card (Creative Audigy), and I assumed I would simple have to tell my creative software that I now had a 5.1 system. However when I do this and plug in the headphones, I only hear "Front Right" and "Front Left". How can these headphone do 3D sounds if I do not have the sound card's software set for 5.1 (or at least quad)?

Any help would be appreciated.

-Steve

2. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    The "3D" means that the headphone does spacial positioning well with an EAX / Dolby Headphone - type 2-channel input. It doesn't mean that it is 5.1 compatible.

Set the card to 2 channel or headphones.