• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sennheiser MM400 &450 APT-X?

pwood

Prominent Member
My mobile phone is a Samsung Galaxy S2 and i also have an iPad with bluetooth. I take it if i get a set of either MM400 or MM450 they will work with both. What exactly is involved when using APT-X, does it require a further purchase as i take it the SGS2 is not APT-X ready and neither is the iPad. I dont want to have to plug something into my devices in order for them to work as that kinda defeats the ease of use purpose I have in mind. That said how would I connect to my Sonos ZP90 in the house

I am currently using a pair of sennheiser CX200 and would like smoother top end. I am unsure if bluetooth is the way to go or not as neither is cheap but hey I do like gadgets:D

pwood

Prominent Member
Thanks. I take it the sound via Bluetooth without the adaptor would not be as good as my cx200 in ears in terms of dynamics and bass. If so I'll be sticking to a cable connection.

pwood

Prominent Member
Thanks for your help Phil. I have had a look at the dongle price for the ipod/pad which aint cheap thats for sure so knowing the sound will be good without meantime is reassuring.

extremelydodgy

Established Member
Unfortunately an APT-x dongle will be required for the SGSII but with the SGSII it will need to use the headphone out so i'm not sure of the quality. Unlike the dongle for the iPad where the transmission would be purely digital. Article no. 502388 Sennheiser UK: Consumer Audio / Accessories Headphones

Regards

Are you sure it doesn't re-encode the line out? Because I think that's what it does. If that's the case there should be barely any difference between the ultimate performance of the BTD300i and 300.

Me, I'm living in ever hopeful anticipation of a Nokia Essence with a 3.5mm socket...

Member 410254

Established Member
The trouble is this re-encode. Just like any DAC or ADC there are possible losses to be had when converting. Obviously the iPad one doesn't need to re encode. It's a digital signal straight to the headphones.

Regards

extremelydodgy

Established Member
The trouble is this re-encode. Just like any DAC or ADC there are possible losses to be had when converting. Obviously the iPad one doesn't need to re encode. It's a digital signal straight to the headphones.

Regards

That was my question - are you *sure* it grabs a digital signal from the dock?

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom